Forum

FXpansion Forum

Where is the 'Amount Knob'?

User and tech support for Strobe2.

Moderator: Moderators

Paul435

Where is the 'Amount Knob'?

Postby Paul435 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:25 pm

Hi. I'm a newbie on synth programming and sound design but I did take the free Berklee Course on the Strobe 2.

I read this online... Controlling the amount of vibrato by connecting LFO to the pitch of an oscillator.

One of the most common uses for an envelope is for it to control the 'amount knob'. It is usually labelled as a Volume Knob but is actually for adjusting the level.

The LFO can be routed to the amount knob and from there it's routed to the pitch of the oscillators. then the envelope goes to the input of the amount knob, this will control the amount of signal coming from the LFO.

My problem is I cannot locate the 'Amount Knob' that would control the Level of the Envelope. For instance, I also own SynthMaster 2. Pls. see attached pic of the Amount Knobs for that synth. Where is that exact same control in Strobe 2? There are Volume Knobs for LFO
Amount knob on SynthMaster 1.JPG
and Envelopes.

Thanks in advance!

Paul

Paul435

Re: Where is the 'Amount Knob'?

Postby Paul435 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:44 pm

Here is the pic of the 'Amount Knob' on SynthMaster One. They call it 'Volume'.
Attachments
Amount knob on SynthMaster 1.JPG
Amount knob on SynthMaster 1.JPG (70.42 KiB) Viewed 398 times

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:14 am

I'm not 100% certain if I've got what you're asking right, but it's probably just the phrasing. I think the controls you're after aren't by to the envelopes and LFOs, but underneath the filter and pitch knobs - the three sliders underneath control the amount of note, LFO and envelope modulation applied to the pitch and filter cutoff frequencies. This means that you can independently control the amount of modulation applied to each.

Additionally, you can use the modulation matrix above to route lots of things of lots of things, and use the rings around a knobs to adjust how much each modulator will affect its destination. This is all pretty powerful... as you're new to this it will be a bit of extra learning but paves the way for some crafty sound design! Check the orange bits on the image below to see modulation depths applied to a patch:

Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Paul435

Postby Paul435 » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:24 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for your help. It's very confusing when synths have different names for the same function.

I'm enjoying learning but sometimes very frustrating. Sometimes I spend 20 mins or so developing a sound only to end up with a pretty normal pad and nothing unique. Oh well, keep trying!

Paul

Return to “Strobe2”