Forum

FXpansion Forum

Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 released

User and tech support for Strobe2.

Moderator: Moderators

Lawrence_fx

Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 released

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:21 pm

v2.5.1.2 of Strobe2 is now available for all licence holders in your FXpansion account.

As well as an update to the GUI, this version introduces some significant improvements to offer much better RAM usage, CPU efficiency, cache efficiency and idle audio-thread CPU load. An update to FX License Manager, v2.1.0.8, is also included, featuring a new GUI and bug fixes.

Please see below for a list of changes to Strobe2 and FX License Manager.

Resolved issues in Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 (from v2.3.6.3)

- Clicking in mod depth area of param with dual monitor causes cursor to jump
- Default 2D/5D MIDI mappings are missing
- Player presets do not appear if filter has been selected in previous session
- Transmod assignment boundary is misaligned at higher magnification
- Cursor behaviour affects host parameter control in Ableton Live (Windows only)
- Stored quick presets are not recalled in DAW project
- Pitch bend wheel animates despite not affecting the actual pitch
- Parameter values do not update when adjusted with mouse scrollwheel
- Dirty Delay parameters are not displayed correctly
- Switching quick presets removes preset description
- Keyzone transmod sources are missing
- Performance spike/dropouts with BA Drone Quake 5D preset in Cubase

New features in Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 (from v2.3.6.3)

- Mixed-case fonts
- Re-styled mod buttons
- Auto/2D/5D switch in browser
- Seaboard view
- Updated button glyphs
- Re-arranged Easy page
- New Easy/Edit toggle switch
- Re-worked navigation bar
- Re-worked tool tip style
- New Save As workflow
- Main panel style becomes a bit more Cypher2-like
- Support for preset descriptions when saving
- Mute button to match Cypher2
- Onboarding flow to match Cypher2

Resolved issues in FX License Manager 2.1.0.8

Resizing window with Username field in focus creates rogue text box
Product is not removed from list immediately after de-auth
Login window can become hidden
Logging out forgets user details (even when "Remember my details" has been checked)
Fixed pausing, resuming and cancelling downloads in software updates download panel
Fixed incomplete downloads not automatically resuming on next LM run on Windows
Fixed reveal button in downloads panel not working
Fix menus and buttons sometimes having incorrect enabled state
Fixed a crash when looking for software updates
Fixed OS tab bar obscuring UI on macOS
Updated link to help document
Fixed typos in user facing strings
Fixed incorrect link to forgotten password webpage

EDIT - This release is now available as a full public update. If you encounter any issues, please let us know. Thanks!

vespesian

Re: Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 public beta released

Postby vespesian » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:10 pm

Download info says this update is Win10 only. Surely not....... :shock:

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:40 am

vespesian wrote:Download info says this update is Win10 only. Surely not....... :shock:

We'll only be providing support for Windows 10 going forwards with future Strobe2 and Cypher2 updates, but so long as you're running the latest platform update/Service Pack 1 update for Windows 7, you should be able to install and run this version.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:46 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:
vespesian wrote:Download info says this update is Win10 only. Surely not....... :shock:

We'll only be providing support for Windows 10 going forwards with future Strobe2 and Cypher2 updates.....

Ummm, without debating the merits of Win10 ad nauseum, could I ask why?

Part of the reason I bought Strobe2 was that it was supported on Win7. Now, the same product, mid-cycle, suddenly isn't supported. There are reports that BFD3, which is also now suddenly Win10 only, is currently blacklisted by Cubase10, if run on Win7. I sense a disturbing trend here.

Excuse me if I feel slightly ripped off.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:24 am

vespesian wrote:
Lawrence_fx wrote:

We'll only be providing support for Windows 10 going forwards with future Strobe2 and Cypher2 updates.....

Ummm, without debating the merits of Win10 ad nauseum, could I ask why?

Part of the reason I bought Strobe2 was that it was supported on Win7. Now, the same product, mid-cycle, suddenly isn't supported. There are reports that BFD3, which is also now suddenly Win10 only, is currently blacklisted by Cubase10, if run on Win7. I sense a disturbing trend here.

Excuse me if I feel slightly ripped off.

As this is a public beta update we're not immediately ruling out support of Windows 7 - this is something we aim to do gradually. We have not encountered blacklisting of either Strobe2 or Cypher2 when testing this update, and have so far received no reports. The issues inherent in the BFD3 update you mention were recently addressed and should now be resolved.

Of the users that have installed either Strobe2 or Cypher2 on Windows 7, so far no issues have been reported so long as the system is up to date. We've also taken a rudimentary look on a Windows 7 machine here and can confirm that both Strobe2 and Cypher2 instantiate and run successfully.

We appreciate any inconvenience that dropping support for older systems can cause, but as we move towards new updates of our product range we're required to make some decisions as to what we're capable of effectively and fairly supporting. Please let us know if you do encounter any issues on Windows 7, we'll do our best to locate and resolve them.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:14 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
As this is a public beta update we're not immediately ruling out support of Windows 7 - this is something we aim to do gradually. We have not encountered blacklisting of either Strobe2 or Cypher2 when testing this update, and have so far received no reports. The issues inherent in the BFD3 update you mention were recently addressed and should now be resolved.

Of the users that have installed either Strobe2 or Cypher2 on Windows 7, so far no issues have been reported so long as the system is up to date. We've also taken a rudimentary look on a Windows 7 machine here and can confirm that both Strobe2 and Cypher2 instantiate and run successfully.

We appreciate any inconvenience that dropping support for older systems can cause, but as we move towards new updates of our product range we're required to make some decisions as to what we're capable of effectively and fairly supporting. Please let us know if you do encounter any issues on Windows 7, we'll do our best to locate and resolve them.

Ok. I'll see how it goes. Thanks for the reply.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:08 pm

I'm not getting any graphics in the arp/sequencer graph - i.e., there's just a black box, where the steps are normally depicted. The knobs/buttons below seem fine, and, audio-wise, the arp/seq is functioning. I've tried both themes, stand alone and within a DAW.

Otherwise, the update seems to be ok from a Win7 point of view.

pianopictures

Re: Strobe2 v2.5.1.2 released

Postby pianopictures » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:51 pm

MRand mod sources are messed up - they act as if they are Rand, modulating different parameters in a same manner. To my understanding VMRand is also don't work as expected.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

pianopictures wrote:MRand mod sources are messed up - they act as if they are Rand, modulating different parameters in a same manner. To my understanding VMRand is also don't work as expected.

Thanks for raising this, it's been logged and will be addressed

JohanH211

Postby JohanH211 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:01 am

Running windows 10 the new update worked once but with some malfunction windows within the plugin.
Every single time there after the VST crashes Ableton every time.

After wanting to go back to the before last version the uninstaller says it needs a windows 7 service pack 1 to uninstall.
So i cannot use the new version nor can I downgrade back......

It's frustrating, do I really have to download this being on Win10?

nachtfalter

Postby nachtfalter » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:34 pm

System:
MacOS 10.14.5
Studio One (up to date)

Problem:
When I assing the ModEnv for example to the Cutoff, and then open up the Cutoff 100%, the ModEnv gets deleted. If i open up the Cutoff for example just 80%, it cuts the amount of ModEnv away what gets over 80%.

How/Can i fix this?

Kind Regars
Tobi

shauli.shmilo

Postby shauli.shmilo » Sat Aug 10, 2019 12:12 pm

Hi!

Using seaboard block, windows 10.
I've followed your tutorial to learn to use the 5D of MPE on Strobe 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YqIsTY_EFw

With the new update, I've tried changing the source of the Slide curve to PISlideABS+ as in the tutorial, but it doesn't work as expected.
Instead of starting at different points on the curve, relative to where on the seaboard i'm hitting on the note, it always starts from the middle of the curve. I've tried using the "relative" option instead of "absolute". Still no luck there.
Am I doing it wrong?

Thanks,
Shauli

Return to “Strobe2”