Arp doesn't sync to host, can't enter value easily... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Arp doesn't sync to host, can't enter value easily...

User and tech support for Strobe2.

Moderator: Moderators

mholloway

Arp doesn't sync to host, can't enter value easily...

Postby mholloway » Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:34 am

Hi,

I actually just bought Strobe 2 today!

I'd been demo'ing it, and so I was surprised after purchasing it today to realize there was this much newer (beta) version available.

Anyway, I'm having big problems with the Arpeggiator:

1. it doesn't sync to host tempo (I'm using Ableton). Is this expected behavior?

2. double-clicking the bpm value does NOT allow me enter the value manually by typing, even though most Strobe parameters do. Why?

3. I can't enter the value I need, at all -- I just tried to reach "110 bpm" and kept getting 109.80 or 110.50 instead, those are the only values I can land on! There doesn't appear to be a key-modifier for fine-tuning the value, either. This blows, because it means the arp is out of sync with my song....???

EDIT: ok I just realized that, per item 2, I was clicking on the number and I should have been clicking on the Knob instead. So, now I can enter the value manually, that's good :P

-Michael

Lawrence_fx

Re: Arp doesn't sync to host, can't enter value easily...

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:28 am

Hi Michael,

When Strobe2 is instantiated within a host DAW, the global tempo of the DAW itself will dictate the tempo of the Arpeggiator - any tempo changes you wish to make should be made by adjusting the DAW's global tempo. The tempo within the Arpeggiator engine will refresh when the transport is next started.

mholloway

Postby mholloway » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi Michael,

When Strobe2 is instantiated within a host DAW, the global tempo of the DAW itself will dictate the tempo of the Arpeggiator - any tempo changes you wish to make should be made by adjusting the DAW's global tempo. The tempo within the Arpeggiator engine will refresh when the transport is next started.

That's not happening on my system, I guess I should send a bug report. Ableton's tempo is 110. Loading Strobe 2, the arp is set to 120. I have to manually reset the Arp value in strobe to match Ableton.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:24 pm

mholloway wrote:
Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi Michael,

That's not happening on my system, I guess I should send a bug report. Ableton's tempo is 110. Loading Strobe 2, the arp is set to 120. I have to manually reset the Arp value in strobe to match Ableton.

Hi Michael, could you please record a video or .gif of this behaviour occurring? I'm unable to reproduce this here, where adjusting the global tempo in Ableton Live updates the tempo value in the Strobe2 arpeggiator.

Return to “Strobe2”