FXpansion Forum

Sub osc detune

User and tech support for Strobe2.

Moderator: Moderators

oratowsky

Sub osc detune

Postby oratowsky » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:32 am

hi,

one of my bread and butter sounds in Strobe1 was using only the sub osc sin wave with stack all the way up and slight detune for a chorus-y, detune-y mild pad sound.

because of a new computer purchase I am forced to use Catalina and Strobe2, and, unfortunately, it seems that the "Stack" and "Detune" parameters do not affect the sub oscillator in Strobe2, only the main one.

Am I missing something ?

thanks

Lawrence_fx

Re: Sub osc detune

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:03 pm

You'll need to make sure the LINK button in the top-right corner of the Sub module is selected, otherwise the Sub Osc will bypass the Sync/Stack/Detune parameters

oratowsky

Postby oratowsky » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:33 pm

thanks so much Lawrence.

While I have you here... made a support ticket a week and a half ago with no reply:

Is there any way to get synth squad onto Catalina?

Unfortunately nearly all my projects use Strobe1 and even when copying the settings exactly Strobe2 does not behave exactly the same as Strobe1.

I see the installer is greyed out but of course the plugins themselves are 64 bit. Is there a way to manually install synth squad on catalina?

thanks so much

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:34 am

oratowsky wrote:thanks so much Lawrence.

While I have you here... made a support ticket a week and a half ago with no reply:

Unfortunately nearly all my projects use Strobe1 and even when copying the settings exactly Strobe2 does not behave exactly the same as Strobe1.

I see the installer is greyed out but of course the plugins themselves are 64 bit. Is there a way to manually install synth squad on catalina?

thanks so much

Sorry to hear you haven't received a response yet — due to the holiday period, the support team are working through a particularly high number of requests at the moment.

As Synth Squad is no longer a supported product, we're unable to provide any further updates to ensure compatibility with macOS Catalina. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:36 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:
oratowsky wrote:thanks so much Lawrence.

thanks so much

Sorry to hear you haven't received a response yet — due to the holiday period, the support team are working through a particularly high number of requests at the moment.

As Synth Squad is no longer a supported product, we're unable to provide any further updates to ensure compatibility with macOS Catalina. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.

Edit - while it's unlikely we'll be able to update the installers for legacy products that are no longer supported, I'll pass this feedback on to the team in case it's possible to update these installers without affecting the applications/plugins.

oratowsky

Postby oratowsky » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:19 pm

thanks Lawrence, I mean is there any way to manually place the files in the necessary places?

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:38 am

oratowsky wrote:thanks Lawrence, I mean is there any way to manually place the files in the necessary places?

Hey - very pleased to say we've been able to update the installer packages for a select number of legacy products, including DCAM Synth Squad - if you head to the Product Downloads section of your account on our website, you should find a new download link specifically for running DCAM Synth Squad on Catalina.

Return to “Strobe2”