BFD3 Kits and presets for Jazz & Funk? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Kits and presets for Jazz & Funk?

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

gwretling

BFD3 Kits and presets for Jazz & Funk?

Postby gwretling » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm

Yesterday I bought the Jazz & Funk expansion and now, when I´ve installed it, there´s no presets and kits avalible.
All my other BFD expansion packs have both presets/kits and there´s no installation file either for presets and kits as for the Deluxe expansion "BFD3 Kits and presets for Deluxe V. 1.0.0.0".

Where do I find those for the Jazz & Funk library?

/Göran Wretling

purtington

Re: BFD3 Kits and presets for Jazz & Funk?

Postby purtington » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:01 pm

gwretling wrote:Yesterday I bought the Jazz & Funk expansion and now, when I´ve installed it, there´s no presets and kits avalible.
All my other BFD expansion packs have both presets/kits and there´s no installation file either for presets and kits as for the Deluxe expansion "BFD3 Kits and presets for Deluxe V. 1.0.0.0".

/Göran Wretling

The kits for Jazz and Funk can be found in the installer part2. Download it and unzip it.
Then check inside the folder under, BFD2 Jazz And Funk Installer\Installer\Payload\BFD2System\Presets.

If you're on windows then move the presets to, C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\FXpansion\BFD3\Presets
Then rescan user contents in BFD3.

If they still don't show up after scanning, you'll need to import them one at a time from the file/import preset from file option.
They are BFD2 presets so you need to import them individually for BFD3 to convert them.

I have zipped the Delux presets for you at the bottom of this message, extract them to, C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\FXpansion\BFD3\Presets and rescan.

Steve

BFD3_Deluxe_Presets.zip
(492.11 KiB) Downloaded 9 times
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

gwretling

Postby gwretling » Mon Jan 28, 2019 9:19 pm

purtington wrote:
gwretling wrote:Yesterday I bought the Jazz & Funk expansion and now, when I´ve installed it, there´s no presets and kits avalible.

/Göran Wretling

The kits for Jazz and Funk can be found in the installer part2. Download it and unzip it.
Then check inside the folder under, BFD2 Jazz And Funk Installer\Installer\Payload\BFD2System\Presets.

If you're on windows then move the presets to, C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\FXpansion\BFD3\Presets
Then rescan user contents in BFD3.

If they still don't show up after scanning, you'll need to import them one at a time from the file/import preset from file option.
They are BFD2 presets so you need to import them individually for BFD3 to convert them.

I have zipped the Delux presets for you at the bottom of this message, extract them to, C:\Users\YOUR NAME\Documents\FXpansion\BFD3\Presets and rescan.

Steve

BFD3_Deluxe_Presets.zip

Thanks Steve for the info!
I thought the .exe-installer would install all expansion library content but obviously it didn´t.
I´ll try your suggestion!

/Göran

ebow

Postby ebow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:51 am

purtington wrote:The kits for Jazz and Funk can be found in the installer part2. Download it and unzip it.

Hi! Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for mac as the four dmg installers all join and mount as one installer. And revealing the package contents for that installer shows no presets/kits. I even tried to download the Windows part 2, but unrar'ing on mac causes errors, and the necessary folders cannot be found.

I've managed to locate all missing kits with other expansions (They come with a separate installer folder which contains what I need), but JNF just ain't havin' it :shock:

Is there a place where all kits and presets are listed for separate download?

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:59 pm

ebow wrote:Is there a place where all kits and presets are listed for separate download?

No but there bloody well ought to be!

It's such a simple solution to a problem I see on the forum time and time again over the years of kits and presets not being picked up.
It would be so simple to have a section in each of your, 'registered products' under 'miscellaneous' a downloadable selection of all kits and presets pertaining to the particular expansion kit, perhaps with some instructions on where to place them and how to get them up and running on macs and PC's.

Steve

PS. Attached the kits and presets for the Jazz & Funk bellow.
Extract and rescan all contents (or user contents)

If you find they're not listed under the library (as I just did) try this excellent metadata editor that was created by a forum user, aburakov
You can download it here (https://github.com/burillo-se/bfd3me/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc2)
If you need it I'll explain how to use it but only if it's required but it's a really useful tool for naming groups of presets so they show up under that prefix in the library menu.
Attachments
Jazz & Funk Presets.rar
(595.32 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Jazz & Funk Kits.rar
(320.9 KiB) Downloaded 5 times

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

ebow

Postby ebow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:32 pm

purtington wrote:
ebow wrote:Is there a place where all kits and presets are listed for separate download?

No but there bloody well ought to be!

It's such a simple solution to a problem I see on the forum time and time again over the years of kits and presets not being picked up.
It would be so simple to have a section in each of your, 'registered products' under 'miscellaneous' a downloadable selection of all kits and presets pertaining to the particular expansion kit, perhaps with some instructions on where to place them and how to get them up and running on macs and PC's.

Steve

PS. Attached the kits and presets for the Jazz & Funk bellow.
Extract and rescan all contents (or user contents)

If you find they're not listed under the library (as I just did) try this excellent metadata editor that was created by a forum user, aburakov
You can download it here (https://github.com/burillo-se/bfd3me/releases/tag/v1.0.0-rc2)
If you need it I'll explain how to use it but only if it's required but it's a really useful tool for naming groups of presets so they show up under that prefix in the library menu.

Hey man! Thanks!!

Actually, in the interim, I managed to find other threads in which you had already uploaded the kits and presets (Strangely, the installer had managed to install the presets, but not the kits). The amount of threads that have been opened over the years, and to which you have responded, regarding these issues, should have prompted at a minimum some resources to fill in the gaps; That is, until the installers can be re-written.

With regard to the metadata editor: At this point, I just want to start playing with this stuff. It appears to finally work ok, so that's all good for the moment. Of course, now I am fearful to start the whole Flac conversion process :shock:

Many thanks for all your help :mrgreen:

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:38 pm

ebow wrote:Actually, in the interim, I managed to find other threads in which you had already uploaded the kits and presets

Yeah I knew I'd posted them before along with lots of others but thought it would be quicker to just upload them again.

With regard to the metadata editor: At this point, I just want to start playing with this stuff. It appears to finally work ok, so that's all good for the moment.

I've just been using the metadata as I have had to reinstall everything and am having to rename presets, I've discovered to my horror that something is amiss, the editor seems to work as it should but now when I rescan BFD3 contents all the names I've edited disappear which renders the editor useless.

Will continue to investigate.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

ebow

Postby ebow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:49 pm

purtington wrote:Yeah I knew I'd posted them before along with lots of others but thought it would be quicker to just upload them again.

That'll make them easier to find for those who will undoubtedly need them after the current sale :D Thanks, again!

purtington wrote:I've just been using the metadata as I have had to reinstall everything and am having to rename presets, I've discovered to my horror that something is amiss, the editor seems to work as it should but now when I rescan BFD3 contents all the names I've edited disappear which renders the editor useless.

And that right there is why I doubt I'm gonna go anywhere near it :shock: Hope you can get it all recovered quickly.

Cheers

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”