Before Installing BFD3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Before Installing BFD3

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Roger Jackson

Before Installing BFD3

Postby Roger Jackson » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:54 pm

Do I have to install all upgrades to BFD1 & 2 Before Installing BFD3, or will they all be included in BFD3?

scarred77095

Re: Before Installing BFD3

Postby scarred77095 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:29 pm

If you bought BFD3 and not an upgrade to BFD3, then you do not need to install any previous versions. However, the previous versions will not be included if you wish to use them for some reason. If you had a previous version and purchased an upgrade, then yes, you will need to install the previous version and then install the upgrade. If you just want to make certain you get the sounds that came with those previous versions, the El Dorado expansion is the sounds from BFD1 and London Sessions is the sounds from BFD2. Hope that answers your question.

MikeEd

Postby MikeEd » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:36 pm

Hi,

I am BFD2 user that upgraded to BFD3 some time ago.
I have just replaced my laptop and are re-installing BFD3.
Is there an easy way to install the BFD2 sounds without needing to install all of the BFD2 software? Or is the only way to install BFD2 and then BFD3?

I see that I can install the London expansion, but cant really justify paying for something that I already have.

Mike

MikeEd

Postby MikeEd » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:40 pm

I am going to reply to my own question in case anyone else has a similar issue. i.e. want to use old BFD2 content without installing BFD2.

I have successfully done this by doing the following:
Install and authorize BFD3
Copy BFD2 audio and groves contents folders over from the old laptop backup to the new laptop
Copy the /library/Application Support/FXpansion/BFD2 folder from the old backup to the new laptop
Restart BFD3, give it the path to the BDF2 content and authorize BFD2

Mike

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”