Platinum Samples Rock Legends Quickpack. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Platinum Samples Rock Legends Quickpack.

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

gaheba

Platinum Samples Rock Legends Quickpack.

Postby gaheba » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:32 am

I just bought it. The serial number I was given doesnt work. I have emailed PS about the issue.
I thought I would mention it here since I know Rail keeps an eye on these forums. :)
If I broke any rules the mods can delete or lock as needed. Dont think I did.
Gary.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

Strange... I just registered your serial to myself as a customer and it worked.. so I've gone ahead and transferred the serial to you... so you should be good to go.

Let me know which Browser and Operating System you're running so I can run some tests though. We haven't had any other reports.

But you're all set...

Best wishes from Los Angeles.

Rail

gaheba

Solved!

Postby gaheba » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:27 pm

Geez Rail, you're quick! :shock: Didnt expect any action for at least 24 hours.
I'm logged in and downloading now. I have replied to your email with system details, but I'm on OSX 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.2 for my studio machine, and Lion 10.7.2 Safari 5.1.2 (7534.52.7) on my home office machine (which I'm typing on now).
I forgot to mention my office mac in my email.
I tried registering from both machines, neither gave any joy.

Thanks for sorting the rego so quick Rail.
Gary.

gaheba

Postby gaheba » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am

Installed and authorised! What a great sounding kit! Love the presets - I can learn a lot from these.
I dont often pay attention to presets, preferring to just muddle my way thru. But these are great. Will be experimenting with a few songs this weekend, a couple of songs just havent been happy with the drums in them.
This kit looks real promising.
Thanks again for the fast response Rail. Youve got my vote!
Gary.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks Gary.

Cheers,

Rail

wfgiles

How do I load the presets in the Rock Legends expansion pack?

Postby wfgiles » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Gentlemen,

I too purchased and installed the RL Expansion pack. As a newby to expansion packs I do not know how to load the presets therefrom. Can you tell me how?

Thanks,
-Bill-

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:24 pm

Sure...

In BFD2 or BFD Eco?

In BFD2 click on the Load button at the upper right quadrant of the GUI

The first menu item is "Load BFD2 Preset..."

Select that...

In the dialog that opens, click on the magnifying glass and select CWK (which is the id of this kit)

All your presets should be displayed.

In Eco in the preset drop list you should see a bunch of presets starting with CWK.. or select "Load..."

Select that...

In the dialog that opens, click on the magnifying glass and select CWK (which is the id of this kit)

All your presets should be displayed.

Cheers,

Rail

callumdrum

Postby callumdrum » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi Rail,

Does this kit have the rim hits for the toms?

Callum

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 pm

callumdrum wrote:Hi Rail,

Does this kit have the rim hits for the toms?

Callum

No, it only has center hits on the toms.

Thanks,

Rail

callumdrum

Postby callumdrum » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:56 pm

Many thanks for the quick reply.

I will be getting this pack to add to the other fabulous PS packs I have.

Keep up the good work

drufix

snare drum

Postby drufix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 am

Hi Rail.

Love the RL Pack, but is it possible for you to make a second snare drum with less sound from the bottom. I only use the top mic but there is to much buzz in the top mic. Is it possible for you to make a snare with lees buzz from the RL pack.

Thanks

Jan Erik

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:25 am

Hi Jan,

Are you using BFD2 or Eco?

The Snare is recorded as the snare was set up for the session... so while we created an "Eco Snare"... the bottom uses the side and bottom mics together.. so we can't reduce/tighten the strainer on the snare if you're only using the top mic. You can put a noise gate on the snare to tighten the amount of snares after the initial impact.. Just use the default Noise Gate with a Release of around 363ms should do it.

Thanks,

Rail

drufix

Postby drufix » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Hi.
I´m using the BFD2. I know I can gate or dampen the snare but I would like to have it to ring a bit without the buzz.

Thanks
Jan Erik

rak

Postby rak » Fri May 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Hi,
I hope I don't step on anyone's toes but I'm a bit confused about its dynamics, liveliness and expressivness.

I feel a bit akward posting this here since Platinum Samples are very nice and helpful and present on this forum but does anyone maybe feel the same about the 125th Anniversary Limited Edition Rock Legend Gretsch kit?

Let's take the snare (not the ECO one) as an example where it is most striking to me: it sounds quite sterile and undynamic and not really lively to my ears when hitting it with velocities between 115 to 128 (keyboards here). No real slight sound variations that make it sound real when playing classic rock drums (120 bpm, snare on beat 2 and 4: so nothing to do with fast triggering).

(Much the same is true for how I feel about the hihat and to some degree about the toms in this pack.)
But my main concern is the snare

My point is:
I have many other expansion packs such as the Signature Packs 1 and 2, Modern Drummer Snare Drum Selects, Sleishman, Maple, Oak... and even with those stock kitpieces: in most cases I don't get this unrealistic behaviour, 'no slight variation' feeling (using the same snare mixer settings or playing completely dry and unprocessed)

Before my purchase I listened to the demo and was thinking: Hmmm.... sounds sterile, not like a real drum recording and like maybe only a fews layers are involved here... but also: maybe this has to do with the soundquality of compressed audio on the internet.
But then I came to the same result after installing them (full install/all layers).

It's my first Platinum expansion and I bought it because I read Platinum libraries have a huge amount of layers and then generally all the praise for their other offerings.

No offense ment to Platinum Samples but I have to ask this question fellow BFD users.
Thanks for sharing your experiences - positiv and maybe even negativ - as regards its liveliness and expressivness.

Regards,Rak

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri May 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Hmm.... our beta testers felt this was the best playing kit ever made for BFD... What are your engine settings?

For independent reviews:

http://vdrums.com/forum/showthread.php? ... D2-and-Eco

Rail

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”