Orchestral and Marching Drums will not install - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Orchestral and Marching Drums will not install

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

anabkemeir

Orchestral and Marching Drums will not install

Postby anabkemeir » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:12 am

Anyone else have issues installing Orchestral and/or Marching Drums? I am trying to install on Windows 10 x64. They unpack but during the installation, the progress bar reaches around 7% or 50% pending on which I am installing then the installer crashes, FXpansion install system has stopped working and only option is to quit. I have successfully installed several other expansion prior to and after trying to install Orchestral and Marching Band. I tried installing for BFD3 and also all versions, crashes regardless.
Any ideas greatly appreciated......

anabkemeir

Re: Orchestral and Marching Drums will not install

Postby anabkemeir » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:19 pm

Well, I figured out how to install them on a Win 10 box. Very very strange though. I was going to just unpack the installer and copy the files but....... I did download several times and still no luck installing. I unpacked the archive and tried to install no luck. I unpacked the installer and copied it to a flash drive and installed successfully on a Win 7 32 bit box successfully. I then tried to install on the Win 10 box from the unpacked installer on the flash drive, and it successfully installed. I tried again to install the unpacked installer on the local hard drive, but it still would not install. I have installed 10's of other packs so I would not think it is an issue on the Win 10 box but rather the installer.
So, if you can not install, unpack the installer to a flash drive and install from the flash drive.

anabkemeir

Re: Orchestral and Marching Drums will not install

Postby anabkemeir » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I submitted a support ticket and Drew sent me an updated installsrcipt.fis file to replace the one in the installer. They expansion packs now install correctly.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”