I had the same thing happen tonight with XFL and Deluxe, but not with London Sessions.
As I've had so many problems with expansions over the years, and each time it's something new/different, it can be very frustrating.
This posting helped remind me of earlier problems and how they were resolved, but I had the additional problem of XFL and Deluxe not asking for licenses and thus not showing up in the list at all. And there is no longer a way to force a license authorization directly (for years now).
I then remembered that some packs require that they are at the top-most level of the directory structure of the hard disc they are being installed to. No idea why, but that's how it is.
So I moved them out of the BFD directory, where all expansions are in their own directories, used the content scanner (which takes quite a long time, up to 20-30 minutes, so I don't like running it back-to-back as it blocks project work) to "Search folder..." and added the folders so that it would kick in the license manager request, at which point I could then move the directories back to the BFD folder.
It's always strange as it's counter-intuitive so I never remember, but checking the check boxes does NOT constitute "selecting" a content path; only a mouse highlight does that.
I figured I had nothing to lose by clicking the "delete path" button for the temporary top-level paths, as at worst it would do nothing, but it removed the paths that I had discarded just by my highlighting that row in the table. Though it's a rather muted highlight so also not intuitive.
I ran into other problems too, but due to how long scanning takes when you own most if not all products, it's awfully hard to keep so many multiple trains of thought intact for purposes of documenting things here, when so much user feedback is being requested by things running on the screen, and also the mystery of hidden/blocked windows that don't show up even when you move stuff out of the way, until restarting (the license manager, when requested a second time in the same session -- this used to be way more reliable a few years ago).
I guess this software is pretty long in the tooth now. Back around the time of BFD2 and the new license manager, I was holding up fxpansion to my own company (I work in the audio business) and others, as an example of "how to do it right". As things have degraded since then, I no longer do that.
I think the problem is just that there's so much product and the organization scheme keeps changing, so it's hard to come up with something that can work consistently across-the-board.
MacPro Quad-Core Intel Xeon (2.8 GHz, 16 GB), OSX 10.9.3, MOTU DP 8.06, iZotope RX 3.0.1
FireFace UFX, OctoPre Mk II, True Precision 8, AEA RPQ, Radial PZ-DI & Reamp JCR