BFD MAPLE CUSTOM ABSOLUTE Snare drum missing - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD MAPLE CUSTOM ABSOLUTE Snare drum missing

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Magutis

BFD MAPLE CUSTOM ABSOLUTE Snare drum missing

Postby Magutis » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Today i bought Maple custom absolute expansion, but can't find snare drum... Where is a problem?

purtington

Re: BFD MAPLE CUSTOM ABSOLUTE Snare drum missing

Postby purtington » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:43 pm

Magutis wrote:Today i bought Maple custom absolute expansion, but can't find snare drum... Where is a problem?

That's interesting. It says it includes a reduced detail snare from the yamaha signature snares.
I have the maple absolute but downloaded it again and there is definitely no snare included.

Look in your account on the download page and see if you can see the snare as it may be separate which I think mine was.
It should start with the YS1 prefix.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Magutis

Postby Magutis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:03 am

All I can see is Software download and Presets and keymap download. Kicks and toms are working great, but snare drum is missing :(

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:57 am

Magutis wrote:All I can see is Software download and Presets and keymap download. Kicks and toms are working great, but snare drum is missing :(

This is weird because I have the original disks as well so just checked them and the snare didn't come with them either.
I think that's how it was originally packaged so in actual fact it never came with the snare but, it was either given away as a freebee
later on or I have it because I bought the Yamaha Signature Snares later on and it's included in those.

However the FAQ does say it includes a, "Yamaha 6"x14" FHP (Fiberglass) Snare Drum (lite version)" so it should be in the download
and it isn't.

Since they completely overhauled the site last year some things have vanished. At the bottom of the downloads page there was a section
called, "free stuff" which was mostly legacy or 32 bit stuff so they're not there any more but I thought I had a free snare that was given away
although that may have been the Manu Katche snare?

I would contact support if you haven't already and get them do send you the snare.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Magutis

Postby Magutis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Steve, thanks !
I wrote them a message. Let's hope they will send me that snare :)

Magutis

Postby Magutis » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:17 pm

Fxpansion team response to my problem:
Hi. Apologies. We had to update all our installers recently due to an issue with OS X Sierra. Whilst most of the installers are fixed, there are still some to do. These include all the "bonus content" installers. The bonus fibreglass snare is one of these. Our web guys are working on it and they tell me it will be back up next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:52 pm

Magutis wrote:Fxpansion team response to my problem:
Hi. Apologies. We had to update all our installers recently due to an issue with OS X Sierra. Whilst most of the installers are fixed, there are still some to do. These include all the "bonus content" installers. The bonus fibreglass snare is one of these. Our web guys are working on it and they tell me it will be back up next week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Oh well I guess that explains it, I know there's been a lot of issues with mac sierra and the installers so I guess they'll have to
update them all.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

lchalk

Postby lchalk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:58 pm

I just purchased Maple Custom and Oak Custom. I am missing snares, kits and presets from both packs. Will the installer updates also include kits and presets? Are these updates still expected in the next few days? I really want to play with my new toy and am frustrated that I can't right now :cry:

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:06 pm

lchalk wrote:I just purchased Maple Custom and Oak Custom. I am missing snares, kits and presets from both packs. Will the installer updates also include kits and presets? Are these updates still expected in the next few days? I really want to play with my new toy and am frustrated that I can't right now :cry:

I downloaded the ample kit just to check the other day and the kits and presets are all there.
Did you rescan your contents after installing?

If you extract the download, check the folder that says, installer/payload/system you'll find the kits and preset folders in there.
Just copy and paste them to their default location and rescan.

On windows that's C:\ProgramData\FXpansion\BFD3\System. Not sure where it is if you're on a mac?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

lchalk

Postby lchalk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:24 pm

I am using the install from 1/15 and I have rescanned and re-installed and all I have is the drums, no kits, no presets and no snare. I am running bfd3 on windows 10. I recently installed Modern Retro and Oblivion with no issues. I have the samples in a alternate location (Not on my c drive which is an 500 GB SSD), I have all the samples on a separate 3TB drive not sure if that is related. The only kits I see start with bfd3, CHREM or oblivion.

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:11 pm

lchalk wrote:I am using the install from 1/15 and I have rescanned and re-installed and all I have is the drums, no kits, no presets and no snare. I am running bfd3 on windows 10. I recently installed Modern Retro and Oblivion with no issues. I have the samples in a alternate location (Not on my c drive which is an 500 GB SSD), I have all the samples on a separate 3TB drive not sure if that is related. The only kits I see start with bfd3, CHREM or oblivion.

What is install 1/15?

Did you extract the BFD_Yamaha_Maple.exe file to a folder and check in the folder at the location I gave?

They ARE!! in that folder where I said, I've done it twice on windows 10 yesterday.

I think it's because they are still the installers for BFD2 so if you don't have BFD2 installed I don't know where it puts the kits.
There's an option in BFVD3 under content locations to create a BFD2 path which will be added to the BFD3 locations so when you install
older BFD2 installers the kits and presets will go to that location and be picked up by BFD3.

I have BFD Eco, BFD2 and BFD3 but keep my kits and presets in separate folders so have been doing the manual extraction for a few years now

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:14 pm

Also when you load the presets you might have cymbals and hats missing.
This is because they were created using both the yamaha and BFD2 kit pieces but you can easily
add your own hats and cymbals and save the presets.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

lchalk

Postby lchalk » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:33 pm

1/15 that is the release date, this looks like a brand new installer

BFD Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute V. 1.0.0.0
Version Type: Major, Release Date: 2017-01-15

BFD Yamaha Oak Custom V. 1.0.0.0
Version Type: Major, Release Date: 2017-01-15

Only during the actual installation, I can look at the install log and find the temp file location:
C:\Users\lchal\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\BFD Yamaha Oak Custom
in the location I do see the kits and presets for bfd2, I copied them to the preset and kits and they now show up (cymbals and snare don't work but they are there now).

Thanks for the help, but it should not require all of this, is there any plans to update this to work correctly with bfd3

purtington

Postby purtington » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:03 pm

lchalk wrote:
Only during the actual installation, I can look at the install log and find the temp file location:
C:\Users\lchal\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX0\BFD Yamaha Oak Custom

Do you know how to extract an executable file?

Get yourself a free extractor called 7-Zip which you can get here. http://www.7-zip.org/download.html
Install that, then once you have downloaded the file, "BFD_Yamaha_Maple.exe" you can right click on it and you'll see 7-Zip in the
list of options. Choose that and from that list choose, "Extract to BFD_Yamaha_Maple\.

This will create a folder called, BFD_Yamaha_Maple. Inside that folder are all the folders I told you about.
Like I said, double clicking on the file "BFD_Yamaha_Maple.exe" will only install it, it DOES NOT extract it which is what I said you needed to do.

In the location I do see the kits and presets for bfd2, I copied them to the preset and kits and they now show up (cymbals and snare don't work but they are there now).

Oh I see, you did find them, it doesn't matter that they're for BFD2, BFD3 can still open them

Are there any plans to update this to work correctly with bfd3

Yes, the OP Magutis posted fxpansions response in his message.

Fxpansion team response to my problem:
Hi. Apologies. We had to update all our installers recently due to an issue with OS X Sierra. Whilst most of the installers are fixed, there are still some to do. These include all the "bonus content" installers. The bonus fibreglass snare is one of these.
Our web guys are working on it and they tell me it will be back up next week.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

lchalk

Postby lchalk » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:51 am

Purtington, I did get everything working. I just wanted to thank you again for all of your assistance

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”