BFD Eco does not see Andy Johns kits or kit pieces - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD Eco does not see Andy Johns kits or kit pieces

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

David Polich

BFD Eco does not see Andy Johns kits or kit pieces

Postby David Polich » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:15 pm

I just purchased and installed BFD Eco. I own almost every Expansion Pack for BFD in existence. I decided to start by installing Andy Johns Classic Drums. Those were installed to a new 2TB hybrid drive I purchased for my 2010 QuadCore Mac Pro, just for all my BFD libraries. I created a folder called "BFD" on this drive, then installed Andy Johns drums to that. Ran the fxPansion license manager, it found and authorized the Andy Johns drums.

However, I can launch BFD Eco but it does not see any of the Andy Johns drums or kit pieces and thus I cannot load any of them. Using the "search" icon in Eco, it lists "AJCD" but I can get no further than seeing that listed.

Any help to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

purtington

Re: BFD Eco does not see Andy Johns kits or kit pieces

Postby purtington » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:48 pm

I have that kit but I don't think there are kits for eco, just the drums so you have to build the kits from which ever pieces you like and save them as kits in BFD Eco.

I have both BFD Eco & BFD3 and there are 7 kits for BFD3 but I have none for BFD Eco.

If you still have all the 6 zip files that you would have downloaded from Platinum samples it might be worth extracting them and
having a look to see if there are any Eco kits. If there are they'll either be in the 1st or the 6th zip file.

If they are there you'll need to manually copy them over to, (C:\Program Files (x86)\FXpansion\BFD Eco\System\Kits)
if your on windows and then scan your databases.

You could also try contacting Rail at platinum samples (rail@platinumsamples.com) as he's a very helpful chap and if they do exist he'll have them.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

David Polich

Postby David Polich » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Thank you. I'll try ciontacting Rail.

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:50 am

Make sure you've downloaded the BFD2/Eco Presets installer for AFJ from the downloads section if your DVD's have a BFD1 Logo on them.

Cheers,

Rail

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Platinum Samples wrote:Make sure you've downloaded the BFD2/Eco Presets installer for AFJ from the downloads section if your DVD's have a BFD1 Logo on them.

Cheers,

Rail

Hi Rail

All I see in my downloads section are the, "classic drums installer" files listed 1 to 6 and the bonus kicks 1 & 2.
Which file contains the BFD2/Eco Presets installer?

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Hi Steve,

The download is only available for the DVD serials and is only required and available if your DVD's have a BFD 1 Logo on them... If they have the BFD 1 Logo then the download is named AFJ_BFD2_Presets.zip and the description for the download is "BFD2 and BFD Eco Presets for Classic Drums".

If you have a newer set of DVD's or if you run the BFD2 Installer it will detect if Eco or BFD2 is installed and install the correct presets.

Rail

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:11 pm

Thanks Rail

I just discovered I had them already but hadn't copied them over.

Steve

GA-X58A-UD3R,
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
focusrite scarlett 2i4

David Polich

Postby David Polich » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:00 pm

So here's an update...even with Rail's (Platinum Samples) help, I never got BFD Eco to find the Andy Johns drumkit pieces. Here is why I believe this happened...I installed from the original DVD's, and installed to a folder I created on a dedicated internal drive on my Mac Pro.
I then launched BFD Eco and it gave the message I had unauthorized kit pieces, so I authorized them. I then selected "Add Data Path" but here's where I went wrong - I added the wrong data path. Since I couldn't see the kit pieces, I thought well maybe I need to delete the install and start over, which I did. This time I installed to a correct data path, however, since BFD Eco authorized the "wrong" folder to begin with, it wanted to see a folder that no longer existed. Long story short, I had to give up on ever getting the Andy Johns Drums into Eco.

The good (well, better) news is that I downloaded another of my expansion packs, Signature Snares Vol. 2, and installed that to a correct data path, Eco found it, I authorized it, and those kit pieces come up in Eco.

Two takeaways from this - one, fxPansion doesn't give us precise information on WHERE EXACTLY to install data, other than to say that a dedicated drive is a good idea. There is no info on EXACTLY what to do..do we create a new folder for the expansion pack on the dedicated drive and install to that, or do we just install straight away to the ROOT LEVEL of the dedicated drive and let the installer create its own folder? When you run any installer, you always get a message "the folder does not exist. Would you like to create one?" And if you click OK, it does create a new folder into which it deposits the expansion pack. For Sig Snares 2, I created a new folder on my dedicated drive called "Sig Snares 2" and directed the installer to that folder. After installation, I could see that inside my folder, the installer had created yet another folder called "Signature Snares 2" with a sub-folder inside that called "Audio", and all the data was in the "Audio" sub-folder. Now I believe it is only necessary to install the data to the ROOT LEVEL of your dedicated drive, and the installer will create its OWN folder for you.

Takeaway number two - DON'T install from old DVD installers. Download the latest installers from fxPansion's site, as they contain all the numerous fixes and patches that were created for the expansion pack over the years of its existence. Example - the DVD installers for the first version of BFD XFL and Deluxe contained some problematic samples which fxPansion issued patches for later.

If anyone else has comments about this rather cryptic installation of fxPansion products, I would love to hear them. And I would truly love it if fxPansion would update its FAQ pages with precise and detailed information on exactly how, to the letter, to install expansion packs.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”