Trouble Installing The Black Album Expansion by CA - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Trouble Installing The Black Album Expansion by CA

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

abuliak

Trouble Installing The Black Album Expansion by CA

Postby abuliak » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:36 pm

Forgive me if sound frustrated, but I am after trying just about every installation fix for BFD expansions that I could find in this forum and on the internet. I am on a Mac running the latest OS. I am trying to install The Black Album expansion using the downloads from the website. I have tried to install it in the default directory that it gives in the installer (which is User/Documents/Fxpansion/) and tried to install it into the BFD3 directory in Application Support as well as an external hard disk. I have tried to manually copy the drum audio folders all to different places and keep having BFD3 do rescans. The best I can get is that the presets and kits are visible but BFD3 never ever recognizes the drums. I also always get an error in the installer saying that the expansion is not installed properly, even when I use the packaged installer.

I have many other libraries that I have installed properly that work, and the majority of them involved installing through trial-and-error. It seems that Fxpansion has had problems with its installers for a long time and they continue, even after so many posts about them. Thankfully BFD itself is so good. But going through this hassle for both The Black Album and also Virtually Erskine is disheartening.

ETA: Actually, it looks like as part of this process I have lost 4 or 5 other expansions that are no longer showing up. Now I have to figure out which one those are, re-download them, and go through this trial and error installation method again for each one. Unhappy.

ETA2: I have now cleared out all of the expansion packs and my BFD3 install. I reinstalled BFD3 and thought I would try to install Virtually Erskine. I tried both the default installation from the download as well installing it into its own top level directory as some have suggested. Both times the license manager will not provide me a license because it says that the installation is improper. Disappointed with the installers if this is what happens after having a completely clean installation and using default installation parameters.

bbarker3

Re: Trouble Installing The Black Album Expansion by CA

Postby bbarker3 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:40 am

I am currently having EXACTLY the same issue - were you able to get it resolved? If so, would you mind letting me know? Thanks in advance!

plexus

Postby plexus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:17 am

I am also having the same problems with every expansion I have including 3rd party. Well some did install ok but most do not work. This is over $1000 in expansions. I am at the point where I want my money back if they can this stuff to work. I dont have time to try and troubleshoot. This software is not cheap and should work hassle free. All it's been is hassles and I so far have little to show for it.

FXPansion what do we need to do to install expansions for BFD3 with no hassles? What is the process? if there are none, when will you have new installers that work available? If you don't know, how do we get our money back?

ebow

Postby ebow » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:09 am

I lost many hours to this, yesterday, and this morning I almost lost my faith in life :shock: This is not the first time I've tried to get it all up 'n' running, either.

I think I have finally managed to get it all sorted, so maybe I can offer some OSX help. Not sure if that helps the op, but maybe ol' Pluxuss :mrgreen:

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”