Sleishman Kit/Preset - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Sleishman Kit/Preset

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Vaijj

Sleishman Kit/Preset

Postby Vaijj » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:59 am

Hi all..

As my first post i like to ask a little question. After buying Sleishman Drums on current offer together with some other exp i could not find Sleishman Drums as a Kit. Does that mean it dont come up as a KIT or a preset? I mean its just single drums meant to be build into a kit on its own?

Ive already spent some time looking for info on this and in case ive messed something up during install i looked that over aswell, but as i dont know any names of any kit (looked for Sleishman etc) its been a mystery so far. So before wasting time looking for something that may not even be there i thought i should ask here. Drums show up and sounds great by them selfes just like to know if there is any KITs or Presets that is missplaced.

And if this is the case are there any other exp that is the same?

Best to you all
Vaijj

plexus

Re: Sleishman Kit/Preset

Postby plexus » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:45 am

I've been having the same problem with every expansion I've bought for BFD3. it's been a royal pain in the ass and a huge time waster. I think their installers suck big time. They feel klunky like they are all old tech that's been kludged to be updated to work with modern OSs. For me they barely work. I have to reinstall, rebook, try manually moving files around, rescan and rescan and rescan.... I've spent hours tonight trying to get the 8 expansions I just bought to install so I can use them. I am still not able to. It's frustrating and ridiculous for such high prices software. I told FXpansion either get this stuff workign for my or I want my money back. These installers are not worth anything, as they consume time and cost money ultimately for the time I could be spending making money. Potential BFD customers beware of this - the installation of expansions is no piece of cake.

studioj

Postby studioj » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:50 am

What's the latest on this? I'm revisiting BFD3 after abandoning it years ago and noticing kits and presets are not installing for expansions. What is the process? So far I've tried with Sleishman drums/snares and 8bit kit without any luck. The pieces are there but no kits or presets.

purtington

Postby purtington » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:11 pm

studioj wrote:What's the latest on this? I'm revisiting BFD3 after abandoning it years ago and noticing kits and presets are not installing for expansions. What is the process? So far I've tried with Sleishman drums/snares and 8bit kit without any luck. The pieces are there but no kits or presets.

Have you tried using the, "Add BFD2 paths" under the, "contents location" tab?

I think it's because the installers for those kits have yet to be updated for BFD3 and as they were made for BFD2 they will create their own BFD2 folder/data path.

If that doesn't work the manual work around I have used is to extract the the first of the download files to any of the kits using something like 7-Z or WinRar and then look in the extracted folder for "Installer\Payload\System" and in there you should find any kits and presets. If you're on windows their default location is. "C:\ProgramData\FXpansion\BFD3\System then either the kits or presets folders within. Copy them there and rescan.

If you're on a mac I'm not sure where they should go.

Hope that helps
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

studioj

Postby studioj » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:36 am

This was super helpful thank you! it worked to manually drag the files from the unarchived expansion file.

fyi the path for mac is:

Mac HD/Library/Application Support/FXPansion/BFD3/System

ionian

Postby ionian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:26 am

Vaijj wrote:Hi all..

As my first post i like to ask a little question. After buying Sleishman Drums on current offer together with some other exp i could not find Sleishman Drums as a Kit. Does that mean it dont come up as a KIT or a preset? I mean its just single drums meant to be build into a kit on its own?

Sorry to get here late. I just bought both the drums and snare. I haven't found any kits or presets but I'm not sure if they come with any.

I absolutely love BFD3 but I've found it somewhat annoying that it's so inconsistent in regards to both presets and kits. I find that some expansions come with kits, some come with presets, some come with both, and some come with neither. It's kind of all over the place.

I guess the only thing to do is just make my own kit with the expansion and just save it. But I wish all expansions at least came with 1 basic kit with all the drums set up so I didn't have to do it for some of them.

I've always had to do a full rescan after adding an expansion because it's so random if it finds the paths. I've had it find the product and license it, but then it doesn't show up in BFD3 or it does but I get errors because it can't find the path until I rescan!

But yeah, I can't find any kits for this at all. I also bought both Yamahas as well (oak and maple) and didn't find kits for that, either.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”