Missing Black Album Presets and Kits? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Missing Black Album Presets and Kits?

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

d111

Missing Black Album Presets and Kits?

Postby d111 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi there, I bought and installed The Black Album expansion, but in BFD3 I don't see any Presets or Kits associated with that expansion.
The individual drums are there, and do play back in other kits. The Audio folder for the Black Album is on an external drive, along with many other BFD expansions that work fine. I have re-scanned all data paths multiple times. I have not yet deleted and rebuilt all data paths, due to the possibility of screwing up what's currently working.

Could someone with The Black Album please tell me the names of the Presets and Kits that get installed with that expansion? Then I will go looking for them. OSX 10.11.6. BFD v3.2.2

Thank you,
David

purtington

Re: Missing Black Album Presets and Kits?

Postby purtington » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 pm

Hi David

Did you run the contents scanner and are the actual kit pieces showing up?

I don't have The Black Album so can't tell you what presets are included but some expansion packs don't come with presets apart from maybe just one kit preset and I see the Black Album is just one kit.

My two suggestions would be to first, check on the download page for The Black Album to see if there are any kits and presets to download separately.

If not then the other way of working out what might be missing is to open the actual download file installer (usually the installer will be number 1) and don't run it but extract it to a folder then search that folder for kits and presets.
You'll find them in the, "installer" folder, something like; Installer\Payload\System.

Hope that helps

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

d111

Postby d111 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Hi Steve,

thanks so much for your reply. I contacted Fxpansion Support, and with their help we got it sorted out. Turns out there are two Kits and about a dozen Presets. They all sound great, BTW.

David

purtington

Postby purtington » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:15 pm

d111 wrote:Hi Steve,

thanks so much for your reply. I contacted Fxpansion Support, and with their help we got it sorted out. Turns out there are two Kits and about a dozen Presets. They all sound great, BTW.

David

That's good to hear, and good to hear that you got a quick response from support as there'd been a few complaints about how slow their response was since merging with Roli.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”