BFD Metal Snares - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD Metal Snares

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Velly Morgan

BFD Metal Snares

Postby Velly Morgan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:57 pm

Hello,

I'm really enjoying this expansion especially the Gretsch snare and the Joey Jordison Signature snare. They are very detailled with a lot of nuances for the same velocities (differents sounds for the same hit).But with the JJ snare, I have a question.
The snare buzz/ring/metallic sound is really loud on this one and make the snare sound very messy. I wanted to know if it is possible to tune down the sound of the ring, keep it but makes it discreeter, more hidden in the mix' but still there. Damping is just cutting the ring and the snare sound loses it expressivness and details, you can see it by adding some reverb' making the snare attack being cut too early.
Maybe with some EQ but I did not managed to find the frequence to tune down.

Thanks a lot for your responses !

purtington

Re: BFD Metal Snares

Postby purtington » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:42 am

Velly Morgan wrote:Hello,

I'm really enjoying this expansion especially the Gretsch snare and the Joey Jordison Signature snare. They are very detailled with a lot of nuances for the same velocities (differents sounds for the same hit).But with the JJ snare, I have a question.
The snare buzz/ring/metallic sound is really loud on this one and make the snare sound very messy. I wanted to know if it is possible to tune down the sound of the ring, keep it but makes it discreeter, more hidden in the mix' but still there. Damping is just cutting the ring and the snare sound loses it expressivness and details, you can see it by adding some reverb' making the snare attack being cut too early.
Maybe with some EQ but I did not managed to find the frequence to tune down.

Thanks a lot for your responses !

I don't have that snare but usually the ring comes from the bottom snare mic so I would try taking that down and see what difference that makes.

Steve
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

Scan UK 3XS Audio System
ASUS Prime Intel Z390-A
intel i9 10th gen 900k 3.7GHz
32GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 2666MHz
5000GB SSD PM981 M.2 PCIe (OS)
500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4
Windows 10

Velly Morgan

Postby Velly Morgan » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:11 pm

Unfortunately, I tried but it did not worked, it tuned down the "crispy" tone of the head but not the ring.
Those snares has so many layers so I can just use the variance to get rid of the messy hits but I am sick to have to use this method.
These snare is somewhat very cool when you look for some Metal snare sound, even if it does not fit for everything like some quieter or acoustic/clean parts.And this loud ring is responsible for this.

Is there any snare that is comparable to this one?
I have found that the Open Snare, high tuned, from BFD Crush sounds quite similar with less ring. But I excpect the samples to be of a lesser quality than the BFD snares samples.
For the moment, I'll stay with the Bell Brass Gretsch snare with some high tuning, sounds definetly good and fits in any type of music but lacks the diversity and variation of the tone and sounds the harder you hit the snare. The hards hits are perfect on this one.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:56 pm

Velly Morgan wrote:Unfortunately, I tried but it did not worked, it tuned down the "crispy" tone of the head but not the ring.
Those snares has so many layers so I can just use the variance to get rid of the messy hits but I am sick to have to use this method.
These snare is somewhat very cool when you look for some Metal snare sound, even if it does not fit for everything like some quieter or acoustic/clean parts.And this loud ring is responsible for this.

Is there any snare that is comparable to this one?
I have found that the Open Snare, high tuned, from BFD Crush sounds quite similar with less ring. But I excpect the samples to be of a lesser quality than the BFD snares samples.
For the moment, I'll stay with the Bell Brass Gretsch snare with some high tuning, sounds definetly good and fits in any type of music but lacks the diversity and variation of the tone and sounds the harder you hit the snare. The hards hits are perfect on this one.

I know I'm a bit late to this, but there's no need to worry about the quality or detail levels of the BFD Crush snares. They're very similar to BFD Metal Snares and BFD Wooden Snares (just released)

deangersmith

Postby deangersmith » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:50 pm

If you look in the effects section for the snare, in the filter effect, drop the menu down, there are adjustments there for the snare bands. Hope that helps ;).

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”