BFD Percussion not appearing anywhere - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD Percussion not appearing anywhere

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Haserhud

BFD Percussion not appearing anywhere

Postby Haserhud » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:29 pm

I downloaded the two installation files and ran the installer as instructed. It completed without any issues.

It created the following folders: Applications/FXpansion/BFD2JNF and Applications/FXpansion/BFD2Perc

It did not seem to save the files to my existing BFD3 folder

When I go to my DAW, it said "loading plugins" as if there was something new, but the percussion expansion is nowhere to be found in BFD3, or anywhere else in my DAW.

When I go to FX License Manager, it only shows BFD3 and my previous Jazz & Funk expansion, not the Percussion expansion I just purchased and downloaded.

Please help. I am in a time crunch and this is extremely annoying.

Thanks.

Specs:

DAW:
Logic Pro X Version 10.4.6

System:

macOS Mojave Version 10.14.5

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Processor: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.2 GHz
Memory: 16 GB

purtington

Re: BFD Percussion not appearing anywhere

Postby purtington » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:10 am

Because those are old installers from the BFD2 era, it's created those BFD2 folders automatically.

I thought they would have updated the installers by now but what you need to do is open BFD3, go to the 'set up content locations' tab and you'll see a button saying, 'add BFD2 path's do this and then rescan all content.

Let us know if that works for you.

Steve

Memory: 16 GB[/quote]
https://soundcloud.com/steve-corr

GA-X58A-UD3R,
Intel i7 930, 2.8Ghz, Overclocked at 3.40Ghz
12GB Corsair DDR3 Ram
WD Caviar Black, 6Gb X 2
+ 500GB SSD drive for BFD Samples
focusrite scarlett 2i4
Windows 10 + windows 7 32bit

Haserhud

Re: BFD Percussion not appearing anywhere

Postby Haserhud » Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:57 pm

purtington wrote:Because those are old installers from the BFD2 era, it's created those BFD2 folders automatically.

I thought they would have updated the installers by now but what you need to do is open BFD3, go to the 'set up content locations' tab and you'll see a button saying, 'add BFD2 path's do this and then rescan all content.

Let us know if that works for you.

Steve

Memory: 16 GB
[/quote]

Hi and thanks for the reply :)

When I tried the scan you suggested, I got a message stating "No BFD2 paths found". I had to manually add the BFD2Perc folder. It then showed up in the license manager. I licensed it and everything went smoothly -- but I still can't find the percussion extension in BFD3's interface, even though the path appears in BFD3's content locations. I'm hoping I am missing something here. Is it under "kits"?

Thank you!

EDIT:

OK. So here's what's going on. All of the samples were added to BFD3, but not in any logical way. I had to go to Drums, then percussion, then unclick "processed". However, not ALL of the percussion samples appear there. A ton do not. The bongos and congas, for example. I can only get them to show up when I specifically search for "bongo" or "conga" in the search field in the drums screen.

Surely there's an easier way to access all of the percussion instruments I just purchased? There's really no kit preset for this stuff? Or at least if it were all in the same category...

The quality of the samples and the plugin itself are very robust and great. But the UI and ease of use are frustrating and confusing, with outdated installers and crap that is not explained.

And now I see the percussion expansion is half off, only two days after I bought it at full price! Ok. I believe this is the last straw for me. I won't be purchasing anything else from this company.

Thanks.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”