noir noise floor in brushed hat - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

noir noise floor in brushed hat

Support for BFD Expansion Packs and Convertors

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

jazztom

noir noise floor in brushed hat

Postby jazztom » Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:30 pm

I bought the noir expansion some days ago and to my ears it is the best jazz kit in BFD so far. However the noise floor of the brushed hat is way too loud. With the loudness section turned on you get loud bursts of hum and hiss for some articulations (e.g. closed tips). I contacted the support team and hope they will fix it soon because once this is fixed it will be a great jazz kit for the brushes as well. Maybe the best jazz kit in a drum sampler on the market (at least for my ears).

Lawrence_fx

Re: noir noise floor in brushed hat

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:07 am

jazztom wrote:I bought the noir expansion some days ago and to my ears it is the best jazz kit in BFD so far. However the noise floor of the brushed hat is way too loud. With the loudness section turned on you get loud bursts of hum and hiss for some articulations (e.g. closed tips). I contacted the support team and hope they will fix it soon because once this is fixed it will be a great jazz kit for the brushes as well. Maybe the best jazz kit in a drum sampler on the market (at least for my ears).

Thanks for this report - we'll keep an eye out for the ticket in the support system, and I'll pass this on to the Expansion team to investigate further. If you're able to share any example recordings of the hiss/hum bursts you're hearing, this would be very useful. Thanks!

jazztom

Postby jazztom » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Hi Lawrence,

thanks for your reaction. I have rendered a short sample recording as a wav, but the forum seems not to allow to attach wav files. I'll send it via mail to Marcus who has been in contact with me from the help desk.

Kind regards
Jazztom

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:54 pm

jazztom wrote:Hi Lawrence,

thanks for your reaction. I have rendered a short sample recording as a wav, but the forum seems not to allow to attach wav files. I'll send it via mail to Marcus who has been in contact with me from the help desk.

Kind regards
Jazztom

Glad to hear you're already in touch with support, I'll liaise with them to see what could be causing the issue.

Return to “BFD Expansion Packs & Convertors”