Geist2 Public Beta - 2.1.1.3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist2 Public Beta - 2.1.1.3

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Lawrence_fx

Geist2 Public Beta - 2.1.1.3

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed May 23, 2018 9:41 am

Hi all,

A new Geist2 public beta update, v2.1.1.3, is now available to download from your FXpansion account. Please let us know if you encounter any issues with this update and we'll investigate accordingly.

Release notes are as follows:

Resolved issues:

[2.1.0.1] Effects CC mapping removed when switching engines.
[2.1.0.2] Re-opening DAW project loses CC/host mapping (but mapping remains in window).
[2.1.0.2] Removing effect does not remove corresponding CC mappings.
[2.1.1.1] Incoming MIDI CCs cause mapping to be applied with left mouse click.
[2.1.1.1] Crash when removing multiple mappings of same CC value.
[2.1.1.2] Focus mode always enabled.

Thanks!

kneecapped

Re: Geist2 Public Beta - 2.1.1.3

Postby kneecapped » Wed May 23, 2018 6:32 pm

Good one guys can't wait to give this a skid.....

Equivalent

Postby Equivalent » Sat May 26, 2018 7:58 am

Yea new release, will test and report if something is off. And thank you again for including my theme edit in this release.

:oops:

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun May 27, 2018 1:53 am

WOW!

Thanks for this MASSIVE update, looks like you pulled out ALL the stops for this one!!!
Can't wait for the next token gesture in 2019.

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Sun May 27, 2018 8:41 pm

All seems to be working well......
I'm not sure what more was promised? But for me as it stands. Its more than enough.Im already knocking out some shit hot beats and tracks with this. Now I had my eureka moment with the pattern mode and scenes and becoming a mozart wizard on the many sequencers. This things is one powerful muffaaaaa.I know I've complained about things in the past but I've found little workarounds. But this thing is a weapon...People bitching about it not being the next presonus lego block arranger or have a piss weak sound engine like reason. For the money this thing for me personally wipes the living shit out of all Daws. I used them for 10 years and now detest the very sight of them and their cluttered workflows. Its taken me about a year and a half with 10 to 12 hour sessions give or take 2 months through mental exhaustion lol and trying to master tremor which is drum and sound effect weapon.If you treat Geist like a DAW, judge it like a DAW compare it to a DAW. Then you are all fucked...Geist removes all that nonsense and forces you to think in a new way, but don't expect to sit down with it 2 hours just at the weekend and think its going to do it all for you. As I said before this thing kicks arse and its a work of genius, its depth is mind-blowing,. One thing id like to see is the ability to be able to loop any point on the lane just to make it easier to compose rather than waiting for it to go to the beginning of the sequence. Or make a hardware version in white...Imagine if you combined or made a rhythm synth one that acts with the same mindset of a Groovebox and manner of Geist or tremor and then stuck the 3 together? People wouldn't open another daw ever again...

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon May 28, 2018 1:58 am

search.php?keywords=Bug&fid%5B0%5D=60

And check the about page and the build date!

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Mon May 28, 2018 11:56 am

Every bit of software has things that are annoying...Reason has a mixer the size of the universe and a sound engine that collapses when pushed and still thinks the average user is from 1981 with all that rack turnaround crap cluttered mess..Presonus has latency issues and uses a hydraulic flow chart for an fx rack.Renoise ok if you like to program stiff rigid beats. Acid pro 8 click of a tool to zoom then click back on a tool to zoom in where you want. Now that's annoying..Digitakt no song mode. Pioneer sampler 2 fx per track.Korg sampler no off grid ability. The Dave smith tempest make a sound turn it off then back on again and the sound changes completely, yes its analogue but still appalling.Ive used nearly every bloody thing out there hard wear and software. Some are 1500 pound and lack the very basics and all have flaws.So although Geist is a bit shaky its still miles in front of the poxy piss poor designed slop for alternatives. How on earth can people compare the step drum sequencer from presonus to Geist? Add effects per step resample re shuffle repitch probability? Geist is light years ahead lol.For god sake its price is nearly a 20th of the so called top hardwear samplers and its nearly a quarter of the price of so called cutting edge daws.And yet as a kick arse groove machine pound for pound it smacks the living turd out of them.There's some complex shit going on with Geist and if your coming from an mpc,roland,then it has everything more and beyond more to make kick arse thumpers. You cant have everything you cant have it all, what works for some doesn't work for others. As I said there are some things that could be refined. But once you learn it properly you realise how beautiful and time efficient making decent tunes on this thing is.If you want alternative I see no better product.Even with its faults...Its still a master piece....

vasilios

Postby vasilios » Wed May 30, 2018 12:53 pm

The New equivalent Dark theme is very nice except its missing shadings on certain dials. Swing depth for example.

ratsnake

Postby ratsnake » Wed May 30, 2018 2:35 pm

Hi, I am having an issue with the Sampler mode for an Engine:

Input audio signal meter does not show any activity when the Right channel is selected while using External or Spitter input - perhaps in other modes too, however the signal does come in correctly.

Secondly, the Monitor and Thru fader do not work as stated in the manual - the signal never gets routed to Master (page 65 in Operation Manual PDF).

I was really hoping that this version does allow external audio routing to the fx of geist2...

*edit: Both issues occur when routing audio internally from one engine to the other.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:30 am

ThrahJazzAssassin

Postby ThrahJazzAssassin » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:08 am

When an engine has any amount of swing, dragging a pattern from the pattern selector to the Reaper arrange timeline creates an item with an extra beat. So say I have a swung 4 beat pattern in Geist2 (1 bar of 4/4), dragging it to my DAW will create a 5 beat pattern. Presumably it's because when the pattern has swing, the last beat is delayed, so carries on playing in to the next bar, so Geist2 supplies you with an extra beat to accommodate.

Geist2 v2.1.1.3 64bit
Reaper 5.941 64bit
Win10 64bit

Thanks

Saukar30

Postby Saukar30 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 pm

Had a crash in this version (if anyone still cares)

When slicing long samples (WAV or MP3) and then hitting the audio button, each slice is exported to a pad. When pressing a pad multiple times in a row quickly, Geist 2 crashes. Windows 10, 32gb RAM, i7 processor

muzicphiles

Postby muzicphiles » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:39 am

Hello @saukar i will try to recreate the crash and report back

cheers
zook

Saukar30

Postby Saukar30 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:58 pm

Thanks! If it helps, I had a shortlist that had about 50 kits in my shortlist. Total it was about 600 mgs of samples. I dont know if this had anything to do with the crash, but I figure I would include this info in case some ppl didnt use shortlist in the same manner.

michaelbeaver1

Postby michaelbeaver1 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:51 am

Saukar30 wrote:Thanks! If it helps, I had a shortlist that had about 50 kits in my shortlist. Total it was about 600 mgs of samples. I dont know if this had anything to do with the crash, but I figure I would include this info in case some ppl didnt use shortlist in the same manner. dissertationwriter

Hi! I don't see how you shortlist can cause the crash...

Return to “Geist2”