What happened to slice classification - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What happened to slice classification

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

wurlt01

What happened to slice classification

Postby wurlt01 » Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 pm

I liked this about Geist. Made it one of the things that made it stand out. Do like the resize able screen a big improvement.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: What happened to slice classification

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:55 am

Our experience was that slice classification wasn't used by many people, but it had a significant time impact on all users (because the classification has to be computed during the slicing process). Also - There are issues to do with the layout of the pads - Many users commented that our (slightly arbitrary) K-k-k-k-s-s-s-s-h-h-h-h-p-p-p-p didn't suit their layout and wanted flexible mapping options for how the classification would be laid out. Matched with having an increase of 64 pads we found that the overhead of development time for the small dev team couldn't be justified in this case.
I do apologise that its not longer available to you.

venyusz

Postby venyusz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:34 pm

I very sorry as well that this awesome feature is no more part of the Geist, I'm sorry because I think it was (its in v1) the most unique feature of it (No other software have the capability to do the same)!!

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:43 pm

I agree but can understand why it isn't priority..

quantize

Postby quantize » Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:01 pm

So far Giest2 has been an unpleasant experience of what features have been ghosted and numerous bugs...

ETA on a proper build would be nice, time to widen the beta testing base too.
Cubase 10 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.13.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3

tonysenghore

Postby tonysenghore » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:38 pm

I find it a little insane to skip this feature because it makes for such amazing little accidents. I personally cant use Geist1 because the interface is too tiny.

A little off topic but what is the deal with the clicks when you use choke in Geist2? It's really quite bad.

Battery at least gives you the option of crossfading the chokes which is an essential feature for any modern sampler.

tonysenghore

Postby tonysenghore » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:38 pm

I find it a little insane to skip this feature because it makes for such amazing little accidents. I personally cant use Geist1 because the interface is too tiny.

A little off topic but what is the deal with the clicks when you use choke in Geist2? It's really quite bad.

Battery at least gives you the option of crossfading the chokes which is an essential feature for any modern sampler.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:41 pm

tonysenghore wrote:I find it a little insane to skip this feature because it makes for such amazing little accidents. I personally cant use Geist1 because the interface is too tiny.

Could you attach an audio example of the clicks you're hearing please? Are they ocurring with particular pads or samples?

mrconcept

Postby mrconcept » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Has this been brought back yet?

Return to “Geist2”