FEATURE REQUESTS - Page 10 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FEATURE REQUESTS

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

phraggle

Re: FEATURE REQUESTS

Postby phraggle » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:00 pm

I love everything Geist does, with one exception, hence my feature request today:

Please allow for the Pad Mixer outputs to be set to defaults, or saved or locked in some way. I have Geist set up in my Logic default template with multiple outputs enabled. The problem is that the outputs all default back to "Parent" within Geist whenever it's instantiated, and I have to repeatedly (and manually) set them all back to 1 thru 15 which, frankly, gets a bit tedious...

I tried setting the outputs up then saving as that as the default Geist preset in Logic, but no dice.

Perhaps this is already possible and I'm just not seeing it? All I want is for my default, blank Geist plugin to default to outputs 1 thru 15 in the Pad Mixer.

Thanks!

seige313

Postby seige313 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:14 pm

Have you tried saving this default in Geist itself? Try that! That might help.. Instead of trying to save using "Logics" save feature..

phraggle wrote:I love everything Geist does, with one exception, hence my feature request today:

Please allow for the Pad Mixer outputs to be set to defaults, or saved or locked in some way. I have Geist set up in my Logic default template with multiple outputs enabled. The problem is that the outputs all default back to "Parent" within Geist whenever it's instantiated, and I have to repeatedly (and manually) set them all back to 1 thru 15 which, frankly, gets a bit tedious...

I tried setting the outputs up then saving as that as the default Geist preset in Logic, but no dice.

Perhaps this is already possible and I'm just not seeing it? All I want is for my default, blank Geist plugin to default to outputs 1 thru 15 in the Pad Mixer.

Thanks!

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:58 pm

Cant you just copy the sound to another engine? Set the grid to a higher resolution resample and then reimport as a sliced file and place back where you want. That way you have even more control over the sound and turn off gate you then have note repeats? As for the time stretch, I thought the time stretch function was pretty good in Geist, as for values you can set the range to whatever you want,50percent 100 percent, Nothing is going to sound like the original source once you start going to extremes. And that goes for any time stretch out there. Ableton once you go a few octaves up or down sounds pretty crap,so does mellodyne,and elastique. Its all relative to what kind of sound you use in the first place anyway. But I actually find that Geist stretch is pretty damn good. Its never stopped me from working with it.I take it for what it is like all time stretch functions. If it sounds good stretched ill use it.If it doesn't I wont...I would definitely pick it over serato sample any day...In fact I sold serato sample because I realised Geist hammers it into the ground...

phraggle

Postby phraggle » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:05 pm

seige313 wrote:Have you tried saving this default in Geist itself? Try that! That might help.. Instead of trying to save using "Logics" save feature..

Yes, tried saving as default Logic preset and as a default Geist preset. No dice.

Saukar30

Postby Saukar30 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:19 pm

I have a super small request.

I understand this may go against the whole paradigm of the visualization of Geist... but I would like it that in the pattern page that the pads be listed numerically from 1-16, 17-32 downwards.

Coming from different programs, I tend to look at numbers the way they were meant to be read in order... and reading them backwards always confuses me. Maybe there could be just a preference change.

betbond

Postby betbond » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:22 am

Request for custom divisions per beat. E.g. Being able to set the grid to 3 or 6 steps per beat instead of 4

mkruse

Postby mkruse » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:31 am

Global Humanise feature, that will shift all note timing and velocities by random values for all lanes.

OR

Global Graphs per engine - so I don't have to randomise velocity/ shift for each individual lane.

AND

Snap Feature - Allow for steps to be input or played off the grid.

Return to “Geist2”