FEATURE REQUESTS - Page 11 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FEATURE REQUESTS

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

RTZ

Re: FEATURE REQUESTS - Latch "Bars" in Preview Mode

Postby RTZ » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Maybe there's already a way to do this.

Besides the constant crashing, this is another major issue. When selecting samples to preview, it would save so much time to latch/lock the "Bar" setting. Often, 4.00 is what I'm working with, new previews reset to 8.00 or 12 or 16 for example. I realize this is due to the sample you're loading in, maybe it can't be done—I don't know.

geist2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

funkymothers

Re: FEATURE REQUESTS

Postby funkymothers » Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:32 pm

I am a new user of Geist2 who took advantage of the current sale. It looks amazing and even with my limited knowledge of the program I can already tell that it will serve me very well.

I have had limited time to get to know Geist2 well but have noted a couple of things I think are missing:

Looping and loop points: currently Geist2 does not read embedded loop points so if I load any sound with a sustain loop it will be played as a one shot. The looping options seem to be geared towards longer audio loops which makes sense. But I could see Geist2 being super useful with sustained/melodic sounds and whilst it may be too much to ask to implement a traditional looping function it might be relatively easy to let Geist2 read embedded loop points.

It would be amazing if grid subdivisions other than 2, 3 and 4 could be implemented but I realise this might be a niche request considering the amount of work it would require.

Onsen

Postby Onsen » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:34 pm

I have only three feature requests:

1) Allow each lane to have different step lengths. For instance, a lane for Pad 1 could be divided into 16ths, while the lane for Pad 2 could be divided into 32nds. Currently, I'm using two engines where Engine 1 will be set to 16ths and Engine 2 is set to 32nds - not ideal and it's a bit a of hassle switching between engines. I know of a couple of sequencer plugins that allow this and it's really what is missing from making Geist absolutely perfect.

2) Add indicators that show what and especially where something is soloed/muted. There's been more occasions than I can recollect where a single layer on a pad on one of the eight engines is soloed and its like finding a needle in a haystack.

3) Implement Tremor into Geist - or some kind of drum synthesis that can be sampled and manipulated further using Geists tools.

I should mention that Geist is the only way I sequence drums now (other than occasional samples/loops that I toss into the track lanes). It's damn near perfect, but if I had to choose only one my requests it would be the first one. That would open up a lot of creative opportunities and streamline the workflow.

pascalc

Postby pascalc » Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:13 am

I really would like a synth engine inside geist. (like the tremor one)
User could have choice to use a sample OR a synth for each pad. (or for each layer)
I think that could be a great upgrade to become the ultimate drum machine.
Thanks

Return to “Geist2”