FEATURE REQUESTS - Page 7 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FEATURE REQUESTS

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

philippe.l

Re: FEATURE REQUESTS

Postby philippe.l » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:38 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
philippe.l wrote:Hello, thanks for your answer but it's not exactly the same thing. looping should be carefully set up, plus i am pretty sure that looping mode requires to hold the pads down as in the "gated mode".
Really, a "through" pad playack mode that acts like one shot mode but doesn't stop at the end of the slice could be simple and great!

If you ensure the 'Loop in Release' function is enabled below the loop parameters whilst in Looping mode, you can extend the loop time by increasing the Release time in the Amp envelope to 15 seconds, which will cause the sample to loop continuously for 15 seconds, unless interrupted by another pad.

Hello,

Sorry to be a pain in the `$ù$# :lol:

the loop in release mode is definitely a cool option but loop length should be carefully set for each pad for a natural effect with is tedious, even more if the sample has any kind of rhythmic content in it.
With a "through" playback mode the "fills" or gaps are no brainer if you sequence at a tempo that is compatible with the original sample. if not time stretch option will do the trick for you. all you need to do is to set the start point of the slices regardless the length of the slice.

this is a really cool easy trick that i now massively use with Push 2 and simpler to produce "boom bap" style hip hop instrumental beats. Love old Soul or jazz samples, slices containing various heavy melodic and rhythmic content can this way be rearranged in a breeze to get serious "remix" ideas without any cuts in the sound flow, annoying gaps or unnatural looping effects, without any hard tweaks!
Seems nothing important because there are workarounds but i think this option is huge because it helps to quickly project your mind on the slice arrangement , without the tedious and precise slicing process in the first place. can't believe i'm the only one to use/want this kind of feature!

anyway would looooove to see it in the Geist, :wink:

regards

Philippe

loekazz

Postby loekazz » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:13 pm

feature request:

make this thing stable please...

- midi timing when recording is sometimes poor / sluggish, weird fast repetition of sounds while recording (not repeat function)
- chorus makes the sound double with too much latency (the chorused signal sounds more like a stereo delay instead of a subtile chorused signal)
- metronome kept running while switched off
- volume slider for library sometimes doesn't work
- audio interface settings don't always stay remembered
- GEIST standalone doesn't always have the same sample rate as my UAD CONSOLE software or vice versa: need to do it manually (other programs do this automatically)
- problems assigning midi controls in standalone AND DAW (especially REC button)

gheist

Postby gheist » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:28 am

Hey.

I´ve got 1other FR:
When I hit a pad it gets blue right?
And the name on top of the mixchannel too.

Now: It would be cool if I click this blue name of the mixchannel, I would hear the pad sound.
Clear? Hope so. Or implement an audition button? Stuff like this.

Blesses!

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:11 pm

the little patternkeyboardgui on the topright
i would love to see the names up there plus the padnumbers
because most of us will be using padcontrollers (this is what you aim at with the rest of the gui)

next

not only a cut mode (self/self+other/etc)
but also a gating (comp) mode
that way you can "swap" little bits in long samples, by overlaying a sound with another one on a different track
and the longer samples will keep on playing except for the overlayed part
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12
OSX 10.11.5 13" /2,4gHz/ 8gb ram/nvidia geforce 320M 256mb

stufflin

MORE PATTERNS !!!!

Postby stufflin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:39 pm

theres 64 pads per engine
theres even 96 scenes
but only 24 patterns,

while for me thats where the magic happens.

WE NEED MORE PATTERNS!!
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

stufflin

transmod

Postby stufflin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:58 pm

has been referred to before

please give a visual signal of the frequency and signal of transmodsources

would be perfect to me that the bottom row on the screen where the sources are put in a horizontal row
that these little blocks turn a colour on their active signal
so for example
a free envelope gradually
and a squarewave lfo would be flickering

YES YES YES!!

hire me! :wink:
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:45 am

Please remove the "amp envelope"/"free envelope" label which is stuck on the middle of the waveshape.
Little a or f on topleft would suffice i think.
Atm its very much in the way.
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

flatulence

Postby flatulence » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:51 am

Huge Geist fan here.

Thanx for the new features like sampling to pad. That's killer !!!
But there are few mandatory things i'd like to see in Geist 2 before switching.

- global peak meter on the main window instead of the blinking Geist logo. (Geist1 has it)
- global pitch knob on the main window (extremely useful and Geist1 has it)
- engine volume on the main window along with peak meter instead of a blinking circle.
- a proper sampler window with "normalize" like in Geist1
- a better readable layout of the "mute/solo" on the pattern window.
I am a slightly color blind and i just don't see the color change of the M and S.
This version is unusable as it is for me.
Geist1 was better in this regard. Big dark blue square behind the clear letter. Readable from Mars.
- make the left/right scroll workable with 2 fingers on the mac track pad or resize the pad window so we don't have to scroll.
This window does not fit a mac 13" screen and moving the tiny scroll bar all the time is tedious.

Extras.
- a side chain compressor would be absolutely awesome.
- drag and drop from pad to pad (geist1)

Cheers

dmuckala

Postby dmuckala » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:07 am

Stability please! Also saving a preset in audio unit, doesnt open properly in vst, mapping issues, stability issues.

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 pm

That the graphlane is shown of the selected pad when the control is clicked or touched. (like in ableton)
Plus (selectable) option to have it show the same graphlane on all pads.

So

click or move parameter Hold of the Amp Envelope > graphlane of Hold shows in graphview
when option enabled; will show Hold envelope underneath each pad when its graphview is opened

also very handy in Single Global View

I tend to do envelopes first, shifting second etcetc for all pads
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:58 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:
FluxMachina wrote:Here's a feature request.

Strictly for the Hardcore II

You know it makes sense! :D :idea:

I'll speak to Rozz3r and see what he thinks... :twisted:

Please excuse the really, really late reply but thanks. :)

loekazz

Postby loekazz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:56 am

I've changed my my sample packs to another directory. No matter how many times I try to set the new 'content' directory in Geist's preferences, in my Geist browser the packs still refer to the old location and so won't load at all...

This product really ain't finished / streamlined yet.

loekazz

Postby loekazz » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:14 am

I really can't get the repeat function (rpt) to be recorded well in Geist.

When I have a grid of 16/16 and I have the note repeat function set on (16th triplets), the play back is allright, but things go wrong when I hit record.

Looks like the activated note repeat function doesn't get recorded or remembered very well, but only some of the midi data it produces but in a wrong way: that midi data gets more or less 'quantized' to the grid, even with quantize off. I think it's combination of 'snapping' to the grid, but with some 'off beat' tolerance as far as the shift function goes for that notes / grid. The result is totally unusable, as you get very shifted midi that doesn't sound like the triplets at all...

I really can't understand why it's so difficult to get some triplets in a straight 16th beat.
Creating a new engine with same sounds only to get triplets done (and calculate how many triplets go in a 4/4 bar), that's a little bit too far sought, I'm afraid.
Last edited by loekazz on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

peterdh

Postby peterdh » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:13 pm

peterdh wrote:Big Geist fan here. I do not upgrade to Geist 2 because you changed the time stretch feature. I often try out vocal loops with folders that have the same bpm; these loops have the same bpm, but often not the same length, so Geist's automatic calculation of time stretch conversion is wrong. In Geist 1 you are able to enter the right bpm's manually and when you change the sample on a pad the time stretch settings stay the same; this works fast. In the slice windows of Geist 2 you can enter the bpm, but when you change the sample, the settings are lost. My feature request is to get Geist 1's time stretch feature back :D

peterdh wrote:
Lawrence_fx wrote:...
[FR- 0014818] Ability to set BPM of sample for accurate timestretching...
Please let it be: Ability to set BPM of sample for accurate timestretching in the main window, while these settings are kept when changing a sample on a pad. :) Oldskool Geist 1 :mrgreen:

I request this one more time, because Geist is the heart of my studio and I really want to upgrade :)

gheist

Postby gheist » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:46 am

I requested an audition-feature some posts ago in the mix-page.
Now I would like to extend this.

It would be very cool if the blue coloured names of the mix-channels be responding to the incoming sound.
Just like that blinking master fader on top left and the pads themselves.
It kind of organizes workflow in a visual way.

Return to “Geist2”