What's going on? - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

konfront

Re: What's going on?

Postby konfront » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:20 pm

If I may chime in:
Although Geist2 seems to have been well thought out it doesn't seem to be well executed. Remembering my Geist 1 days and comparing it to the update it was a lot more fun because:

1) I never crashed (ergo you could conceivably use it as a performance tool); there's no way I'd pull up geist2 in a session where a lot was on the line in its current state.
2) workflow was streamlined. Maybe geist2 is a lot more potentially powerful but something about it (see number1) just makes it hard for my imagination to take off.
3) it had all I really needed in a virtual beat-maker. Admittedly, geist2's use of transmod titilates the imagination, just see the things possibility with the presets included (they're INSANE!), but it's such an ardous task compared to what I can achieve with ableton's drum machine, e.g.

I suggest you try the sinking your teeth into the demo and make your conclusions. Also maybe wait (very patiently) for the next iteration and check forums as this present one is still a bit creaky.

My €.02. Please adjust for yourself depending on what your currency is ;-)

EDT: E.G.: this does not work. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuRlbfk ... HR&index=3
it doesn't on logic 10.2.4 or ableton 9.7. next pad, next layer, next pad and layer. heck, i can't even get slice to work while in the DAW which is a big reason i use geist in a DAW environment.
seems to work in stand alone from time to time tho.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by konfront on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.

thisissami

Postby thisissami » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:21 pm

Thanks so much Konfront - yeah that's the big issue for me: I primarily want this as a live performance tool, and if it isn't stable enough to be used as such - then that's definitely a waste of money for me. It's a shame though - I find Battery (the current sampler that I use) to be limited in terms of functionality, and really wanted to get Geist 2 - as learning that would open soooo many possibilities for producing music outside of a live context too. =/ Hopefully they take the time to make it work well for a live context. I'm sure FXPansion would have many more customers if that happened.

quantize

Postby quantize » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:15 am

Looks like the buyout is not business as usual

v angry i've sunk this much money into fxp products so far, esp Geist 2. Damn.
Cubase 10 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.13.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:48 pm

quantize wrote:Looks like the buyout is not business as usual

The next update for Geist2 is currently in the beta testing stage and we aim to release it as soon as possible. We understand your frustration given that the length of time since the last update has been longer than previous updates, but please rest assured that we are still developing new updates.

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Great to hear!
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12
OSX 10.11.5 13" /2,4gHz/ 8gb ram/nvidia geforce 320M 256mb

masterjoe

Postby masterjoe » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Well, when I started this thread back in August I really thought Geist 2 development has just slowed down because you FX guys were implementing some of the many feature requests. There are plenty of them now in the backlog! :roll:

But I am also disappointed by the recent developments here on fxpansion. When Geist 2 came out I bought the update because I was hoping that FX would improve it quickly and add user requests one after the other as this has happened in the past. But there were just a few updates which were not covering any feature requests at all and then all of the sudden development stopped when Roli came in. That's really not nice, guys. It been several months since then and Geist2 already feels like dead although its not even finished when you closely look at what user have to say here! :|

Yes, you said you are still the same since the takeover from Roli and working on updates and giving support as before. But have a look at the reactions of users around here. You are currently frustrating your loyal customer base with this non-support that has come to you now.

I am very sad about these developments and really hope that your promise that nothing will change since Roli took you over has really some truth in it. Currently the impression is very much the opposite! :?

Cheers.
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win10 Pro x64, Studio One Pro, Bitwig Studio, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

masterjoe

Postby masterjoe » Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:38 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
quantize wrote:Looks like the buyout is not business as usual

The next update for Geist2 is currently in the beta testing stage and we aim to release it as soon as possible. We understand your frustration given that the length of time since the last update has been longer than previous updates, but please rest assured that we are still developing new updates.

Hope so, Lawrence. Currently things are not looking that good.
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win10 Pro x64, Studio One Pro, Bitwig Studio, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:56 pm

Merry Xmas.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:05 am

masterjoe wrote:Hope so, Lawrence. Currently things are not looking that good.

Let's hope once things settle this powerful tool will get some love. I've given up on music tech because even a Push, Live, Geist2 injection couldn't save this hobby. Just goes to show it's not about what you've got but what you (want to) do with it that counts. Geist2 could be "that thing". It could be what trackers were to Amiga owners back in the day or even the software alternative to MPC. It needs love though.

konfront

Postby konfront » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:19 pm

FluxMachina wrote:

Let's hope once things settle this powerful tool will get some love. I've given up on music tech because even a Push, Live, Geist2 injection couldn't save this hobby. Just goes to show it's not about what you've got but what you (want to) do with it that counts. Geist2 could be "that thing". It could be what trackers were to Amiga owners back in the day or even the software alternative to MPC. It needs love though.

This! As pissed as I have been I'm still looking forward to finally seeing what this thing can be.

thisissami

Postby thisissami » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:25 am

konfront wrote:
FluxMachina wrote:

This! As pissed as I have been I'm still looking forward to finally seeing what this thing can be.

Same here. (well minus the pissed part - as I haven't bought this yet and am therefore not dealing with bugginess) If they do fix the problems and it becomes more useable, I would be stoked to pick this up. I'm a big fan of the modulation system in Strobe, and would love to see that applied in a drum sequencer/sampler as clever looking as Geist.

quantize

Postby quantize » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:59 am

Another disappointed customer...maybe it's time to sell up?!
Cubase 10 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.13.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:47 pm

Happy new year!!

konfront

Postby konfront » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:41 pm

Happy New Year Cake!

Joeoss

Postby Joeoss » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:29 am

I really want to upgrade to Geist 2, but not until they have sorted things out. I will keep looking to see when you guys are satisfied. Then I will part with my cash.

Return to “Geist2”