Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

FluxMachina

Re: What's going on?

Postby FluxMachina » Sat May 20, 2017 2:26 pm

Happy 1st birthday Geist 2!
Disappointed but not surprised that this hasn't been acknowledged.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Thu May 25, 2017 3:04 am

FluxMachina wrote:Happy 1st birthday Geist 2!
Disappointed but not surprised that this hasn't been acknowledged.

I'm not sure it has a birthday whilst it is still asleep in the womb in betaland

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:29 pm

Ah well. My masochistic tendencies have been satisfied and so has my ocd. Geist can stay in Beta if it wants. I will just have to learn to let go with a little help from my therapist and some nice strong beers. :)

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Just checking in.
So now almost 3 months of inactivity. Hardly surprised.
See you next month.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 pm

Happy July!
See you next month.

FOURTY

Postby FOURTY » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:40 pm

I'm actually hesitant to purchase Geist 2 as I'm uncertain the product is being supported well (and will be) long term. That long list of unresolved 'known issues' in the latest release notes (not to mention threads like this one) is keeping my cash in my wallet for the time being (and I'm sure I'm not the only one).

I always thought that Geist 2 had (and still has) the potential to be the only true MPC (and evolved beyond) inspired VST in a DAW ever made (Maschine doesn't count because sequencing to the DAW with it is a pain) and as a former Push 2 owner, there's something about the simplicity of Geist that is a strength. Geist 2 paired with something like an Akai MPD2 series seems like a perfect combo but like I said, maybe I'll wait to see the frequency of updates before committing.

konfront

Postby konfront » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's been more than a year of this full-priced alpha version and no clear direction or real thrust for the development of the program. I'd direct you to other software with less features (battery) or more skewed ones like Nerve. This horse has been dying for 12+ months.

vasilios

Postby vasilios » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:23 pm

konfront wrote:Wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. It's been more than a year of this full-priced alpha version and no clear direction or real thrust for the development of the program. I'd direct you to other software with less features (battery) or more skewed ones like Nerve. This horse has been dying for 12+ months.

Latest beta works.
Geist2 doesn't even have a close competetitor .
Neither does Geist 1 for that matter.
There is work to be done for sure, but calling it a dying horse is wholly inaccurate.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:17 am

Geist can be fun to use, is better at doing certain things than Maschine, Battery and the internal Samplers of Bitwig and Ableton Live.
But...the fact that looping has been left unfixed fills me with concerns and raises questions about other small things that may be going on in the backround. I just can't trust it so would rather use something else that works and rack this hasty purchase up to experience. Sorry FX. Potentially awesome product let down by a too infrequent development.

If a "feature" corrupts the sound to the point where it becomes unusable then that is a serious bug. If left unfixed that does nothing but signal to the customer base that the product has little to no priority and is no longer worth investment.
I couldn't in good conscience encourage anyone to buy it directly or indirectly at this moment in time. It works, yes, you can make music with it but I'm a superstitious dude and the good vibes have gone. :(

Anyway, who cares. It's all about the talent and determination to create. If Geist works for you it works. If it doesn't it doesn't. An entire hi-spec studio cannot make up for a lack of passion and determination. All the best!
Last edited by FluxMachina on Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

loekazz

Postby loekazz » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:09 pm

It's getting spooky here...

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:52 pm

loekazz wrote:It's getting spooky here...

Happy August.
Has anybody seen my horse?

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:20 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:we'll be releasing some more frequent updates for Geist2 in the near future

Forgive me for stating the truth.. but what a load of baloney! :)

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:06 pm

CakeAlexS wrote:
Lawrence_fx wrote:we'll be releasing some more frequent updates for Geist2 in the near future

Forgive me for stating the truth.. but what a load of baloney! :)

I think its time we accept FXpansion's old products are dead in the water with the ROLI deal.

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm

jstorerjet wrote:I think its time we accept FXpansion's old products are dead in the water with the ROLI deal.

Sure seems like it. Too bad. :(

konfront

Postby konfront » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:11 pm

Time to dismount this dead horse. Unfortunately for me, got on several of them(maul, etch, tremor, and this one.) all of them left to be unupdated, check out the CPU usage, of each of the plugs I mentioned and compare it to much of the plugins which do the same.
Maul vs fabfilter's Saturn; Etch vs Volcano2; tremor and Geist2 have nothing comparable but, as a long time user of these, I can't really get into it knowing that improvements will not be forthcoming.

:cry:

Return to “Geist2”