Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

CakeAlexS

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:30 pm

Yup. When nothing happens, and then FX posts something like don't worry it's still under development, there are more frequent updates just around the corner..be patient.. etc.. and it never happens... Well trust is lost. They said after the takeover it would be business as usual, well clearly it isn't. Well thanks a lot FX ... :?

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:23 am

Time to accept it - Geist 2 is a dead duck.

As are all other current (and future if there are ever any) FXpansion and Roli products as far as I'm concerned.

Fool me once ....!
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:44 pm

Roli just make toys. Everything they have is a gimmick. I honestly don't understand the merger other than maybe they just wanted some already established programmers.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 am

I haven't checked the Geist forum in a while.. and it still seems like after all of these years.. the same problems exist. I love Geist but I had my doubts about Geist 2 prior to its release and I told you guys.. THIS WOULD HAPPEN!!! At least keep the updates rolling.. even if its JUST bug fixes.. 5 months and no updates.?? No interaction with the forum? Leaves people not happy about your product. You can't expect to stay alive in this world without interaction with the people. Time to start listening to the people and give them what they want so your product can survive!! Geist is a very good product but it lacks a few things that can keep this thing alive. Please revive it. You still have time.. At least let us know something is on the way.. We Geisters need love!!!!!

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:26 am

Hi all,

The next update for Geist2 has taken longer than anticipated to complete, but is still in development and will see the light of day. We're very sorry for any frustration you've experienced, and encourage you to contact tech support if you're experiencing any issues with the latest version. There are a number of known issues which have been logged and will be addressed, and we thank you for your patience whilst we work to ensure that the next update is the most stable and efficient version of Geist2 yet. We also have a big list of features requested by you all which we'd love to get around to implementing.

Thanks for your understanding and for sticking with us - we hope to get another update out to you soon.

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:19 am

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi all,

The next update for Geist2 has taken longer than anticipated to complete, but is still in development and will see the light of day. We're very sorry for any frustration you've experienced, and encourage you to contact tech support if you're experiencing any issues with the latest version. There are a number of known issues which have been logged and will be addressed, and we thank you for your patience whilst we work to ensure that the next update is the most stable and efficient version of Geist2 yet. We also have a big list of features requested by you all which we'd love to get around to implementing.

Thanks for your understanding and for sticking with us - we hope to get another update out to you soon.

sorry Lawrence, but put up or shut up. FXPansion has lost its credibility as a whole for the lot of us.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:50 am

jstorerjet wrote:

sorry Lawrence, but put up or shut up. FXPansion has lost its credibility as a whole for the lot of us.

I really understand your frustration, but be fair - it's better that someone came into this thread to give us a heads up on what's going on rather than leaving it to grow without acknowledgement. It's not the answer you wanted to hear, but radio silence is worse.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 am

Kickflip wrote:
jstorerjet wrote:

I really understand your frustration, but be fair - it's better that someone came into this thread to give us a heads up on what's going on rather than leaving it to grow without acknowledgement. It's not the answer you wanted to hear, but radio silence is worse.

at one point I agreed with you. I have to say now its just deliberately leading everyone on. I'd rather radio silence than just streaming bullshit at us every few months.

dmuckala

Postby dmuckala » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:33 pm

yikes. The lack of a roadmap and the vaguery of this reply from Lawrence/FX is pretty disturbing. What a potentially great plugin but I think we're all pretty disappointed having spent money on this thing.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 am

Happy September!

jesussaddle

Postby jesussaddle » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:41 am

I am looking forward to each official release, which I will check by looking at the sticky section of the Geist 2 forum. I don't always use the beta versions since I am not always sure if i may encounter an issue that disrupts or loses work. Or am I mistaken to do so?

quantize

Postby quantize » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:20 am

Tumbleweeeds
Cubase 8/9 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 9.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 11.10.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3 • TC Powercore Firewire (32Lives)

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:28 pm

quantize wrote:Tumbleweeeds

but they are back on track! Lawrence said so! lol. I wish we could file a class action lawsuit against them and at least get a few bucks back.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Well, well, well. I've just had an email trying to sell me the new Roli/FXpansion broken toy / synth.

Ha ha ha

You have to be kidding.

I'll tell you what Equator equates to - a non-buy, not never, ever, ever. I feel sorry for those who get mugged by this.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:44 pm

At a guess, this would have formed part of the deal for the acquisition, and have been where a lot of the resources have been diverted. Fingers crossed that this now means those resources can now be channelled back towards the bug fixes and new features!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness

http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Return to “Geist2”