Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

jesussaddle

Re: What's going on?

Postby jesussaddle » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:36 am

CakeAlexS wrote:
FluxMachina wrote:If looping isn't fixed I'm ditching it completely. I know people that just dabble now and then really don't matter to companies so it's no loss to them. All the best for the future if this is the case.
Just upgraded to Bitwig2 because they are supporting Linux and that's REALLY important for the future. Vst SDK now has Linux support, this is not a coincidence.

Yes I was looking at Bitwig too, looks pretty good but missing a few DAW features as it's still early days. I haven't found out enough about the step sequencer options ..

I'm confused about the reference to Bitwig in the Geist 2 thread. I tried a Bitwig demo, but wasn't impressed, but if it has Geist 2 features maybe I would reconsider. Or maybe you just mean Bitwig are a company that does support and adds new features.

jblongz

Postby jblongz » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Man, as a Geist 1 user, I watched Geist 2 become this big beast with weak ankles. Bitwig's sample features are not near Geist yet. Ableton's is, plus with the Push 2, its more satisfying. I wish Geist really thought out the note repeat with the understanding that a large part of the market is moved by such functionality.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:02 am

Happy ....

Oh it's still Sept..

Sorry my bad..

sharke

Postby sharke » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:23 pm

Ha I haven't used Geist 2 for almost a year now because I was so pissed with it. Crashing, inferior workflow to Geist 1, no ability to limit the number of pads a sample is sliced to, and a whole host of other annoyances and design flaws. I paid $100 for this thing and I've been using the old version ever since. I hope they're not still taking people's money for this turkey - oh but I see that they are, at $200 a pop. I just hope potential buyers are checking this forum first. I checked it today for the first time in months to see if there have been any updates yet, but I see from my account page that the latest version was released over a year ago. That's just horrible, horrible customer service. This has definitely sent my respect for fxpansion plummeting.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:47 pm

sharke wrote:Ha I haven't used Geist 2 for almost a year now because I was so pissed with it. Crashing, inferior workflow to Geist 1, no ability to limit the number of pads a sample is sliced to, and a whole host of other annoyances and design flaws. I paid $100 for this thing and I've been using the old version ever since. I hope they're not still taking people's money for this turkey - oh but I see that they are, at $200 a pop. I just hope potential buyers are checking this forum first. I checked it today for the first time in months to see if there have been any updates yet, but I see from my account page that the latest version was released over a year ago. That's just horrible, horrible customer service. This has definitely sent my respect for fxpansion plummeting.

Actually the latest update was in March this year.. You have to click on the "Show available downloads" link and you'll see the newer version.. Unfortunately and I hate to say it . I never thought I'd see the day Geist would meet its doom. This was a very excellent plug in.. It sad to see that it gets little to no attention. Almost 7 months and NO kind of updates.. smh.. Not good guys..

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:48 am

seige313 wrote:Actually the latest update was in March this year..

Before that July 2016. There may have been a few brief hotfixes.
Appalling.

sharke

Postby sharke » Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:06 pm

seige313 wrote:
sharke wrote:Ha I haven't used Geist 2 for almost a year now because I was so pissed with it. Crashing, inferior workflow to Geist 1, no ability to limit the number of pads a sample is sliced to, and a whole host of other annoyances and design flaws. I paid $100 for this thing and I've been using the old version ever since. I hope they're not still taking people's money for this turkey - oh but I see that they are, at $200 a pop. I just hope potential buyers are checking this forum first. I checked it today for the first time in months to see if there have been any updates yet, but I see from my account page that the latest version was released over a year ago. That's just horrible, horrible customer service. This has definitely sent my respect for fxpansion plummeting.

Actually the latest update was in March this year.. You have to click on the "Show available downloads" link and you'll see the newer version.. Unfortunately and I hate to say it . I never thought I'd see the day Geist would meet its doom. This was a very excellent plug in.. It sad to see that it gets little to no attention. Almost 7 months and NO kind of updates.. smh.. Not good guys..

March release was a public beta, which I don't count as a commercial release.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:56 pm

Happy October!!
Can't wait for my free bus pass.

konfront

Postby konfront » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:44 pm

sharke wrote:
seige313 wrote:

March release was a public beta, which I don't count as a commercial release.

But fxpansion does. They charged full price for it.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:31 pm

konfront wrote:But fxpansion does. They charged full price for it.

Just as they did the Alpha version before that.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:25 pm

knobsmcgee

Postby knobsmcgee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:38 am

It was great while it lasted. ...and nobody knows for sure how long it even lasted.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:07 am

...and nobody knows for sure how long it even lasted.

In my case usually about 30mins - when really lucky I might have got an hour before it catastrophically crashed usually locking the machine up completely.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

jstorerjet

Postby jstorerjet » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:38 am

i wonder if they even moderate this forum anymore? should we just fill it with expletives and bitching to see if we can elicit a reaction?

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:54 am

Oh, they do moderate it here - you don't see kneecapped around here much any more! He delivered a bewildering onslaught of oversized angry rants in block form. First berating people for bringing up issues (after he'd only been using it a day), but quickly switching to berating the developers, via anyone who replied to him.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Return to “Geist2”