What's going on? - Page 15 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

FluxMachina

Re: What's going on?

Postby FluxMachina » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:33 am

Oh God! Geist is a metaphor for that relationship you keep thinking will be better "this time".
It now doesn't like multiple instances in Bitwig. What is this, jealousy? It keeps loading the same settings in each one. :shock:
2.0.7.53, then reconsidering the single life. I was starting to get back into it as well. :oops: :roll:

Update: Nope - broken. Could be Bitwig, not willing to test. Heads up!
My creativity is far too fragile (actually hanging on a thread) to be in this kind of relationship so I'm out for a while. Good luck!

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:24 pm

Bollocks.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:16 pm

I was going to reply asking for context a while ago but why question a man for letting off steam. :wink:
Took advantage of the £12 credit and went for Cinematic FX as those samples are great for chucking into a daw/other instruments. Thanks FX, much appreciated.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:22 pm

FluxMachina wrote:I was going to reply asking for context a while ago but why question a man for letting off steam. :wink:
Took advantage of the £12 credit and went for Cinematic FX as those samples are great for chucking into a daw/other instruments. Thanks FX, much appreciated.

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Cheers for the reminder!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon May 14, 2018 12:12 am

masterjoe

Postby masterjoe » Tue May 22, 2018 7:14 pm

So...
Studio One 4 just ripped Geist 2 apart. I do not need it anymore!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqo42VgK66Y

Yay :D
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win8.1 Pro x64, Studio One Pro 3.x, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 pm

Looks interesting! Do you know what it's like for layering samples? I'd miss that side of it, as well as the option to put effects on pads.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness

http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Wed May 23, 2018 6:29 pm

Yeah i had a look and along with reason lots of guys seem to be bringing out interesting new takes on production.
But been thinking about things and using Geist 2 a lot more of late.And although Geist 2 needs a few tweaks and some new updates and now and again crashed on me.Im still up for the groove box mentality more than the daw frame of mind.Its taken me about a year on and off with Geist and I'm getting really close to the point where I'm finding workflows to finish whole tracks in it,its been exhausting I've nearly quit on the whole product several times and thought about selling it,but thats also down to me being an impatient bastard.And after using Daws for years and being in a job where music has to pay my way,its been a big gamble,and maybe a road less travelled due to the competition with full blown production software like ableton.reason,personus etc.Its had me on my knees,its battered me on the ropes,But everytime i want to throw in the towel,theres just something about it That keeps me coming back for more.I used presonus studio for 6 years,jumping from pro tools and reason after many years there.But i was getting to a point where everything felt predictable linear and more about owning every plug in,polishing up every sound,and having tracks that felt like listening to lego blocks.I even tried acid pro 8 the other day and although it was fun for a few days.I came running back to Geist.For me Geist is an alternative route on music,for the money you pay it has some amazing features,Sound design wise you can make crazy shit without even owning a synth you can do some amazing stuff,the sequencer is amazing and the shift functions and sound quality are pretty damn sweet.It won't give it to you on a plate,you have to work hard to wrap your head around the complex shit it can do,I'm still learning,but stick with it,and you'll find something beautiful will start to happen.But give up making comparisons with DAWS,i bought it to escape that but even i have been guilty of old habits and done head to heads with Daws.Geist isn't that and isn't trying to be that, so you have to learn let go.Its a kick arse beat sampler and sound design chopper,Does it it rattle?Yes..Is it a bit fiddly at times?Yep you bet....But thats the downside to genius products,light years ahead and few steps behind.But it does more than enough to make great tracks...

masterjoe

Postby masterjoe » Wed May 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Kickflip wrote:Looks interesting! Do you know what it's like for layering samples? I'd miss that side of it, as well as the option to put effects on pads.

The vid doesn't actually show that but Impact XT can have as many layers as you can fit into 128 velocity steps :)

Pad effects are done via Studio One routing - so you can use Studio One effects or VSTs for that on the mutiple outs of Impact XT.
In Geist I have always used external effects on everything as the internal ones were not for me.

So with S1 4.0 I'm covered :)
HW:
Core i7-3930K 3.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, RME AIO, GeForce GTX 970, Axiom 61, Oxygen 49, Korg padKontrol
SW:
Win8.1 Pro x64, Studio One Pro 3.x, BFD 3.x, Geist 1.x + Geist 2.x, zillions of other VST plugins

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Thu May 24, 2018 10:48 am

I love the effects in Geist...The distortions are great. The filters eqs etc....I guess what I was saying is use whatever works..I like Geist because it encourages you to look through instead of across. Different way of working more which groove boxes are.I think to use it just as a drum machine doesn't really do it justice...But its great presonus are updating their workflow...

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu May 24, 2018 10:52 am

Hi all,

v2.1.1.3 is now available as a public beta release, available to download from your accounts. Release notes can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=7765559

Please let our support team know if you encounter any issues. You can reach them here: https://support.roli.com/request

Thanks!

ARNK

Postby ARNK » Fri May 25, 2018 3:31 am

I thought we were going to say a new layer of sophistication from fxpansion with the addition of Roli. Guess things aren't going that way exactly.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun May 27, 2018 1:57 am

Pathetic token gesture of an update considering the problems that are still going on...
You guys are having a laugh.
Goodbye.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun May 27, 2018 2:05 am

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:18 pm

Lol everytime I visit here I'm asked if I want to translate from Chinese nowadays.

Return to “Geist2”