What's going on? - Page 6 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:18 pm

Anatolyj_B wrote:Sorry, i should repeat my question: What stable reproducted bugs (on Windows) exist today in Geist 2 latest version?


Please ask FX Expansion, they are at least still QA testing most of it so they have the list.
Failing that browse the forums to get some idea.

sharke
Posts: 70
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 5:40 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby sharke » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 am

FluxMachina wrote:If they fix it (and maintain it), they win!
BFD + Geist = Potentially Two Very Strong Products
BFD + A Geist/Tremor Hybrib = BIG WIN

https://youtu.be/uFXH2Pa48lg



I can't imagine them ever digging up Tremor from the crypt. When was the last update, about 3 or 4 years ago? I should think they'd have a lot of work to do in order to get it up to scratch. As it stands, it crashes on me all the time. Usually when soloing or muting drums during playback. It's a bit of a mess.

FluxMachina
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: What's going on?

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:58 am

That's such a shame. It's accessible software like this that keeps me interested in music-tech. Geist is like a throwback to the days of Octamed on the Amiga. It does things the the big industry software can't do and at the same time forces you to think outside of the box.

I was messing about thinking about the shortcomings of having no automation and rediscovered the transmod pad trigger feature. Yeah it's not automation but it's easy to fire off filter climbs, falls, etc. using pads. Interesting and enjoyable stuff but after the 3rd crash it stopped being fun.

konfront
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:06 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby konfront » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:26 pm

FluxMachina wrote: Interesting and enjoyable stuff but after the 3rd crash it stopped being fun.


I, at least, tried until the 12th crash. :( Still trying every now and then.

User avatar
quantize
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:11 pm

Re: What's going on?

Postby quantize » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:46 am

I think customers are owed an explanation for this pretty disgusting lack of support..

Anyone still employed at fxpansion outside of BFD development?
Cubase 10 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.13.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3

FluxMachina
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: What's going on?

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:23 am

konfront wrote:I, at least, tried until the 12th crash. :( Still trying every now and then.

Yes, if running standalone, save before adding any effects or cutting and pasting pads.

Quantize: There is hope. Bitwig runs on Linux and has crazy modulators (now equal to those in Geist2) and the latest VST SDK now has Linux support. I want to believe there will be viable alternatives on an alternative OS in the not to distance future.

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:44 pm

quantize wrote:I think customers are owed an explanation for this pretty disgusting lack of support..

Anyone still employed at fxpansion outside of BFD development?


I hate to agree. This is from a person who was sticking up for FX when they were releasing fixes.

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Beta apparently being released this week according to another thread. Fingers crossed that this is a big update.

Kypresso
Posts: 20
Joined: Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:35 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby Kypresso » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 am

CakeAlexS wrote:Beta apparently being released this week according to another thread. Fingers crossed that this is a big update.


Too late, i've dumped geist and deleted it from my workflow, i no longer trust fxpansion at all.

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:49 am

Kypresso wrote:
CakeAlexS wrote:Beta apparently being released this week according to another thread. Fingers crossed that this is a big update.


Too late, i've dumped geist and deleted it from my workflow, i no longer trust fxpansion at all.


What are you using instead?

FluxMachina
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: What's going on?

Postby FluxMachina » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:59 am

If looping isn't fixed I'm ditching it completely. I know people that just dabble now and then really don't matter to companies so it's no loss to them. All the best for the future if this is the case.
Just upgraded to Bitwig2 because they are supporting Linux and that's REALLY important for the future. Vst SDK now has Linux support, this is not a coincidence.

konfront
Posts: 116
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:06 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby konfront » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:45 pm

Ooh. The plot thickens. I've always loved Bitwig and with ver 2.0 I might finally be able to kick Geist2 to the curb.

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:25 pm

FluxMachina wrote:If looping isn't fixed I'm ditching it completely. I know people that just dabble now and then really don't matter to companies so it's no loss to them. All the best for the future if this is the case.
Just upgraded to Bitwig2 because they are supporting Linux and that's REALLY important for the future. Vst SDK now has Linux support, this is not a coincidence.


Yes I was looking at Bitwig too, looks pretty good but missing a few DAW features as it's still early days. I haven't found out enough about the step sequencer options ..

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:26 pm

CakeAlexS wrote:
FluxMachina wrote:If looping isn't fixed I'm ditching it completely. I know people that just dabble now and then really don't matter to companies so it's no loss to them. All the best for the future if this is the case.
Just upgraded to Bitwig2 because they are supporting Linux and that's REALLY important for the future. Vst SDK now has Linux support, this is not a coincidence.


Yes I was looking at Bitwig too, looks pretty good but missing a few DAW features as it's still early days. I could sync it with Sonar I suspect. I haven't found out enough about the step sequencer options ..

CakeAlexS
Posts: 406
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's going on?

Postby CakeAlexS » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:49 pm

FluxMachina wrote:If looping isn't fixed I'm ditching it completely. I know people that just dabble now and then really don't matter to companies so it's no loss to them. All the best for the future if this is the case.
Just upgraded to Bitwig2 because they are supporting Linux and that's REALLY important for the future. Vst SDK now has Linux support, this is not a coincidence.


Yes I was looking at Bitwig too, looks pretty good but missing a few DAW features as it's still early days. I could sync it with Sonar I suspect. I haven't found out enough about the step sequencer options ..


Return to “Geist2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests