resize GUI to default - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

resize GUI to default

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

stufflin

resize GUI to default

Postby stufflin » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:27 pm

Hi,

When i choose "resize gui to default" the GUI is still to big to make it able to drag smaller. (right bottom corner is out of range)

I have this problem when i last used the Geist2 VST on my external screen (scaled bigger) and open it on my laptopscreen on another occasion with a fresh instance.

Maybe it's possible to add 50% scaling or is there a way to make Geist forget it's last size/ or maybe not make it save to a new instance?

Thanks
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12
OSX 10.11.5 13" /2,4gHz/ 8gb ram/nvidia geforce 320M 256mb

Kickflip

Re: resize GUI to default

Postby Kickflip » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:00 am

Are you able to select the Preferences from the internal menu? If so you can select 100% from there.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:01 pm

Hi yes i was unclear. I when i choose 100% its still too big to use or drag/scale.
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:27 am

stufflin wrote:Hi yes i was unclear. I when i choose 100% its still too big to use or drag/scale.

If you open Geist2 in standalone mode, you should be able to drag from the bottom-right corner to resize the window. Close Geist2 and then open an instance in your DAW; the new window size will be recalled and should allow you to see the whole of the Geist2 window.

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:29 am

Thanks Lawrence!
Never thought of that.
I will try that next time.
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

kung_vu

Postby kung_vu » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:17 pm

Cannot believe that this issue is still not fixed. I want to use Geist on a Surface Pro but in Standalone Mode I cannot resize anything and the panels a ridiculously small while the envelope and audio graph window is hughe. As a plugin the parameter panels look fine but the plugin is too big at 100% and the resize handle is not available too reach. Changing the system graphics scale also did not help. So I just cannot use it at all on that computer.
On a desktop machine it runs well and the dimensions are fine. But using it together with a midi controller is no fun. At first the plugin did not recall saved mappings. This works since the last update but what still does not work is changing parameters on several layers or pads with the linking buttons engaged. It works if you drag with the mouse but not if you mapped a midi controller to the same control. So If you for example use BFD drums where you have several layers for a snare and you want to change filter settings while the patterns plays only the selected layer is affected. Pretty useless. Then the loop button in the slicing window has no effect so you have to hit play again and again for pre-listening in order create seamless loops. And the last update (fixing not new features) is from 2016. Hello? Is there someone? It's a real shame because beside of this really annoying bugs there are some very cool features in this software sampler :(
As it looks right now, this will be my last purchase of a Fxpansion Vst. I cannot say that I haven't been warned, though. The forums are full of complaints.

Return to “Geist2”