Bug report thread worth it? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Bug report thread worth it?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Kayvon

Bug report thread worth it?

Postby Kayvon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:43 pm

Well, my latest bug apart from *too* many others which have been submitted to FXpansion in a technical support post is the latching option in MIDI mapping not working correctly for buttons. In my case I assign a CC of 127 to a button on my midi controller (which doesn't have it's own latching option) and when this is mapped to, for instance, the note repeat or note erase button I can't get it to latch on & off each time it receives that CC value of 127.

Annoying :?

Anyway, Geist 2 seems to be the flakiest release in the Guru > Geist series but I'm still a big fan & hoping to work almost exclusively in Geist standalone. So I was thinking is it worth having a bug report sticky so we can get things straightened?

Imo is more essential than a feature request sticky and saves us going through the website's technical support process each time. It seems bugs like the one mentioned above would not be hardware dependent just platform ie OSX/Windows therefore don't require all yr computers spec? Bow to developer knowledge there obvs.

Just a thought as I'd really like to get the setup and bugs out the way to have my MIDI setup just working smoothly 8)

Want to post a vid showing how I have my MIDI Fighter 3D and Samson Graphite MD13 set up with Geist but bugs are precluding it so far.

Lawrence_fx

Re: Bug report thread worth it?

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:17 pm

Hi, have you tried one of the other mapping types (see the Type column in the Mapping window) to see if this allows you to control the note repeat/note erase? We are currently aware of mapping bugs that have been logged with the developer and will be fixed in the next update.

Kayvon

Postby Kayvon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 pm

Yup, trust. It's the latching feature I need and the latching feature that doesn't work.

I can set up a button's MIDI mapping to be continuous and then send to either a 0 or 127 from two diff buttons on my controller but when I only have 6 buttons to play with and there is a latching feature in Geist 2 urmm, well, there are workarounds and then there are crippled programs.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:08 pm

Kayvon wrote:Yup, trust. It's the latching feature I need and the latching feature that doesn't work.

I can set up a button's MIDI mapping to be continuous and then send to either a 0 or 127 from two diff buttons on my controller but when I only have 6 buttons to play with and there is a latching feature in Geist 2 urmm, well, there are workarounds and then there are crippled programs.

Thanks for clarifying. Which MIDI controller are you attempting to map? Also, could you please attach a screenshot of your mapping page?

Kayvon

Postby Kayvon » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:02 am

I guess the MIDI controller I'm attempting to map is MIDI Bome which is spitting out a single CC at a value of 127.

Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 23.17.34.png

That's some of the mappings I'm using but I wouldn't pay much attention to what type they are, the mappings just don't work so I'm having to make do with alternatives ie continuous instead of latching, basically I've gone through them all and none react how I I want and they should.

Sorry for being ever so slightly vague but basically there are so many issues in Geist 2 I don't really know where to start.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Geist2”