Why does Geist have so many bugs? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Why does Geist have so many bugs?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Melleymeldew

Why does Geist have so many bugs?

Postby Melleymeldew » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:18 pm

Can anybody out there someone please make sense of the mini sequencer? It wont stay in time with my transport player no matter what resolution I set it at? It starts of fine and works perfectly but then when I save my work close down and restart geist the mini sequencer decides its had enough and wont synch in time with anything? So I lose all my automation settings and the only way to get it back in synch is to delete the mini sequencer and restart again. And now I get piano sounds also playing through my Geist underneath my drums? Like those silly basic midi sound fonts you get built in? And the only way to rid of it is to set my sound card to 48khz?And then the piano sound fonts go? Does anybody else out there know how to use the sidechain in function on the compressors?Maybe I'm a bit stupid but I have tried everything and I see nothing in the Manuel? This is supposed to be an updated version? Its so frustrating its one step forward and two steps back.Im so close to jack it in and just going to Bitwig.

FluxMachina

Re: Why does Geist have so many bugs?

Postby FluxMachina » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:35 am

Make sure Microsoft Wavetable GS Synth is not enabled in:
Options > Open Midi Preference > Output Devices

Update:
I can report there have been no crashes with the latest bit of dabbling including basic editing, recording, midi control, copying and pasting layers, mapping, etc. Ed: It crashed for the first time around the second week of May. Not bad.
Last edited by FluxMachina on Wed May 10, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

konfront

Postby konfront » Sat May 06, 2017 10:31 am

But it's still a b*tch to work with. All these issues now from the new customers and it's been out for a whole year already. Something's terribly wrong with fxpansion.

Melleymeldew

Postby Melleymeldew » Sat May 06, 2017 11:29 am

I also have graphical problems when using the sequencer automation the bottom half of the screen goes out of line with the sequencer really weird? And I'm having crashes for no reason even in standalone...Demoing Bitwig as I speak surely cant be worse than this. I feel like I've blown my money on a product half baked.My motivation for using this thing has been exhausted and people are even struggling to sell this second hand because of its reputation as being unusable..Depressing...

konfront

Postby konfront » Sun May 07, 2017 8:56 pm

This is what we've been going thru for the past year. Trainwreck. No commitment to their products.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon May 08, 2017 5:26 pm

You've not said what DAW you're using. Can you please give us a full specification of your system and the other software you use?

konfront

Postby konfront » Wed May 10, 2017 12:27 pm

On his other posts he mentions what DAW and OS. Face palm

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Wed May 10, 2017 1:22 pm

Melleymeldew wrote:Can anybody out there someone please make sense of the mini sequencer? It wont stay in time with my transport player no matter what resolution I set it at? This is supposed to be an updated version? Its so frustrating its one step forward and two steps back.Im so close to jack it in and just going to Bitwig.

Did you manage to solve the sync problem?
Can you give us an example of how to reproduce it?
I experienced something similar when syncing Geist to an external source. For some reason it picks up the right tempo from my Trigger Finger Pro but the tempo in the top right hand corner doesn't change. In fact, it always reverts to 120 even if you change it. That might be why the mini seq thinks it's at another tempo. Not sure if it's a TFP issue or Geist.

About Bitwig. You'll feel at home with the modulators. They're very similar to Geist's transmod but if you do go for it wait until 2.1 is released and is stable because their new license model means you only get updates for a year before having renew it.

New Loops

Postby New Loops » Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:03 am

Sadly, I have the pattern editor running out of sync when I have other plugins that introduce latency (e.g. UAD), It is completely unusable in this situation as you can't make complex patterns when the play bar is out of sync with the music.

Very sad to have to stop using it as a main drum machine and look else where. If FX do eventually release an update I hope it sorts this out. :roll:

Return to “Geist2”