Everyday... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Everyday...

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

seige313

Everyday...

Postby seige313 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:13 pm

I check to see if theres a update available.. But theres not. It would be great if you guys could at least keep us updated on whats going on. Theres people who spent money on your product and to completely disappear is not great customer service. Obviously we want to continue using the product. Give us some kind of update please. That would be great!!

Thanks

Lawrence_fx

Re: Everyday...

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 am

seige313 wrote:I check to see if theres a update available.. But theres not. It would be great if you guys could at least keep us updated on whats going on. Theres people who spent money on your product and to completely disappear is not great customer service. Obviously we want to continue using the product. Give us some kind of update please. That would be great!!

Thanks

Hi there, our sincere apologies for the continued delay of the Geist2 update. This is planned for release early in the new year and fixes a number of known issues. Thank you very much for your patience, and our apologies for any inconvenience you've experienced.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:40 am

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but the way things are being done has been having an adverse effect on the way FXpansion is being perceived, which is pretty saddening.

Generally there needs to be a shift towards more frequent updates. Sure, each update would contain less fixes and requests than one big update, but this would show users and potential customers that the support is there. Overall frustration would drop because at least some of the issues will have been sorted and there will be confidence that other issues will be sorted in the near future. And of course happy users leads to more sales!

It's almost like FX needs to make a New Years Resolution :lol:
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Kickflip wrote:I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but the way things are being done has been having an adverse effect on the way FXpansion is being perceived, which is pretty saddening.

Generally there needs to be a shift towards more frequent updates. Sure, each update would contain less fixes and requests than one big update, but this would show users and potential customers that the support is there. Overall frustration would drop because at least some of the issues will have been sorted and there will be confidence that other issues will be sorted in the near future. And of course happy users leads to more sales!

Hi Kickflip, thanks for your feedback which we really appreciate. We're sorry the process has taken so long which has left users stranded with some issues that are yet to be resolved. We're looking at working towards a more frequent update release schedule to ensure issues are resolved more efficiently.

LYTZ1

Postby LYTZ1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:51 pm

You know Lawrence, Loomer Epoch! (now named Architect) is in development since more than 6 years.
(The old Epoch! thread is the longest in KVR history by the way....)

Colin is infamous now for saying "gonna be released very soon, in a week or two" since 2013/14 or something, which is ridiculous. But still,
because he talks to the guys over there in the KVR forum now and then and most of the guys over there are still pretty relaxed.
(They are making fun of it a lot, but there's nowhere the level of hostility and bitterness like we have here for quite a while.)

I can understand that you guys certainly have new obligations now. But you see, Communication with the userbase goes a long way...
Maybe worth a thought.. ;)

Best,
tL.

(For those of you who want to have a laugh about how long things can really take,
Original 90 Page Epoch thread which started 2012 here:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... a98eaaff78

The new thread also reached 40 pages already:
https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... a98eaaff78 )

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:07 pm

Lawrence_fx wrote:
Kickflip wrote:I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but the way things are being done has been having an adverse effect on the way FXpansion is being perceived, which is pretty saddening.

Hi Kickflip, thanks for your feedback which we really appreciate. We're sorry the process has taken so long which has left users stranded with some issues that are yet to be resolved. We're looking at working towards a more frequent update release schedule to ensure issues are resolved more efficiently.

Thanks for the response! In all honesty, "looking at working towards a more frequent update release schedule" still sounds far too vague and non-committal - it's a whole two steps away from "we will release more frequent updates". Fix and implement a couple of things at once, release that, continue fixing and adding, release again, repeat. As I say, I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but this really shouldn't require working towards, even less looking at it first.

It seems like too much work has been taken on (and I know full too well about doing this, constantly playing catch-up myself!), but the side effect is that it feels like nothing is happening. Well, as far as the customers are concerned, literally nothing is happening. The repercussions of the existing arrangement can be seen and felt, and should be remedied as soon as possible.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness

http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

kafka

Postby kafka » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Honestly, if I were FXpansion, I'd release an update of every product every 3-5 months, with whatever fixes made it to the master code, just to show that the company is still functional. Nobody will be buying Geist expansions if Geist continues to have the problems it has now.

I'm involved with a project now where the developers keep trying to delay the release to the customer. They really can't. You have to put your name on something, sometime. Yes, some people will complain that their personal pet fix didn't make the release. But that can't be an excuse for avoiding progress.

Everybody hates process. I get it. It's annoying. It requires you to spend time on documentation and communication when you have some technical thing that you want to work on. But you really have to adhere to a release cycle in this business. It's not like writing a book. It's like writing a TV show. Software is media.

Return to “Geist2”