Geist 2 Issues/Fixes in Reason - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 2 Issues/Fixes in Reason

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Equivalent

Geist 2 Issues/Fixes in Reason

Postby Equivalent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:31 pm

After a lot of tweaking I fixed one of the issues I am having:

Propellerheads Reason didn't want to play rex files in Geist, because of an error with the shared REX library. The problem is for some reason Geist looks for the dll to use inside other directory than the one Reason uses and uses a specific version of the rex shared lib dll that only geist has inside it ( tried other and newer version, but none worked). From what I found in the web, the newer rex shared library dll will no longer be loaded from windows -system32 directory, instead every plugin that use it will need it inside the same dir as the plugin itself.

I fixed the error as placing manually the rex shared library from Geist into /Library/Application Support/Propellerhead Software/Rex" -The Rex" folder will not exist so make it manually and place the dll there- voila - now Geist plays rex files again.

Issue 2 is that in the latest version -Geist2_2.0.7.53 makes Reason frozen when trying to open the plugin view. After 30-40 seconds loads, but using a previous version -Geist2_2.0.4.13 loads normally and fast. I also found the fix- it is the License manager with combination with Geist. When I deauthorize Geist it loads very fast, but is asking me for my key. Adding it makes it buggy again.

So in short Devs, please look at this and possibly fix it in the next update. And just to make the things clear, I am using also Cubase 9.5 Pro, there none of the problems I mentioned exist. So it should be mix of how Reason loads plugins at the moment, the license manager and Geist 2.

Happy New Year all!

Lawrence_fx

Re: Geist 2 Issues/Fixes in Reason

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:29 am

Hey, thank you for these reports. The upcoming Geist2 update (which is due for release very soon) fixes these Reason performance issues, so please let us know if you experience any further issues once the update is released.

Equivalent

Postby Equivalent » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Thank you, waiting for the new version very impatiently and will report as soon as I get my hands on it! :)

Equivalent

Postby Equivalent » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:45 am

I am happy to report that all mentioned issues are fixed for me, I had occasional crash on Fx preset removing, but if it happens more often I will report that too. Thank you!

balloonhead

Postby balloonhead » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:21 am

This doesnt work for me. Cannot locate the path you described in windows. The REX Shared Library is located in Windows/System32 and in the programmpath of Reason (older version but much bigger).

btw just installed Geist Lite and started Reason to get the error.

Return to “Geist2”