Jesus KING Christ.... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Jesus KING Christ....

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

kneecapped

Jesus KING Christ....

Postby kneecapped » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:20 pm

I am coming to the end of my life with this software...This thing crashes more times than a blind formular one driver...I did a complete system reinstall with windows stripped my system to bare bones...And guess what still crashes?All I did was tried to delete a few bars whilst the software was running and it locked up on me...Man I'm so pissed with this software its tragic..This could've been the one sampler drum machine to end them all.I have hung in there I have made allowances I have even believed the fxpansions team that it must be purely my system as they never seem to have any of the problems us guys have here on this forum? maybe they have some new kind of computer that puts our to shame.But I got a 3 grand system spec to the full and this piece of software just wont see the job through once it starts to get a bit busy on screen...~I am close to ordering a digitakt regardless of its shortcomings. ID rather have something that runs smoother and increases creativity than something with everything but doesn't deliver the basics.This thing just doesn't run smooth...

kneecapped

Re: Jesus KING Christ....

Postby kneecapped » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:40 pm

Ok I over reacted..Yes it did crash..And I'm back in love with it it as its been stable for nearly 3 hours.....I love it too bits and I hate it lol...This Geist is so close to being the finished item...Its still a genius piece of software even if it is a bit bumpy....But that's the English way I guess?. Quirky Brilliance....

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:53 am

That about sums up my relationship with music tech in general. Love it and hate it. Have it, don't use it then get obsessed again. I've had Maschine for god knows how long and have done sod all with it. Then VCV rack appears out of nowhere and all of a sudden I realise what Reaktor can do after never using it. What a waste! I dunno what happened to be honest. I used to be so into it all.

Anyone want to go back in time and give me a hard slap before pressing checkout? Please.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:11 pm

kneecapped wrote:Ok I over reacted

And you're usually so level-headed :lol:
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

seige313

Postby seige313 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:22 am

Even though Geist 2 has more features or what not.. Its crackling every time I open and close it. The meters glitch.. and its just not smooth as Geist 1. So Im going back to Geist 1 for now..

kneecapped

Postby kneecapped » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:49 pm

Yeah same here?Pops and clicks all over the place...Something to do with the time stretch..I also had some funny behaviour with tremor of late...Maybe it s a windows thing?Hell I'm lost these days with Fxpansions..So close to finished brilliant products...But those spike things need addressing....

Return to “Geist2”