MIDI bind not working correctly. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

MIDI bind not working correctly.

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

hesnotthemessiah

MIDI bind not working correctly.

Postby hesnotthemessiah » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Using Geist 2.1.0.2 64 bit on Windows 10 with Reaper (latest version). Just started a project. Just using 2 pads. Each pad uses 1 layer.

Did bind to MIDI channel 1 cc2 for the parameter "Voice Gain" which is under the label "MIX" for pad 2 layer 1.

I can see that, when I reselect the MIDI learn icon, the parameter "Voice Gain" for pad 2 layer 1 now shows that MIDI channel 1 cc2 is binded to this control and it is correctly responding to the cc2 midi data that I am sending to it from my DAW. All good.

Only problem is that the pad 1 layer 1 "Voice Gain" parameter is also responding to the cc2 midi data that I am sending to it from my DAW even though when I reselect the MIDI learn icon, the parameter "Voice Gain" for pad 1 layer 1 does not show that MIDI channel 1 cc2 is binded to this control.

Actions apply to all pads/layers is off.

With the automation and MIDI problems I have found, how is anyone supposed to use Geist for anything other than basic sample triggering? Looks like I bought a right turkey!! :evil:

FluxMachina

Re: MIDI bind not working correctly.

Postby FluxMachina » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:47 am

What I'd recommend is check what was fixed in 2.1.0.2 and if nothing there is essential to your work/play then downgrade to 2.0.7.53. It works properly in that version. What you will lose is the ability to control all layers with the same controller using the 'all layers' function.
Not really too much of a big one. You can still control the pad gain via midi and use a filter as an insert effect to get around it.
Hope that helps until a fix comes along some time.

Things are a bit slow around here.
Last edited by FluxMachina on Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

hesnotthemessiah

Re: MIDI bind not working correctly.

Postby hesnotthemessiah » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Thanks FluxMachina :wink: . I will give that a go.

Return to “Geist2”