Has reason players now made Geist 2 redundant? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Has reason players now made Geist 2 redundant?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

kneecapped

Has reason players now made Geist 2 redundant?

Postby kneecapped » Tue May 08, 2018 6:45 pm

A perfect example of simplicity and elegance. Just been looking at the new reason 10.1 update and for me the new drum player is exactly what Geist should've been. Look at the simplicity of resampling into Kong drum machine and then using the new drum player on the latest update.Its easy on the eye, it has a smooth workflow, the chopping is a lot easier and smoother to use.Its seems to me like they beat Fxpansion at their own game. It hasn't crashed once, its working on all platforms. Sometimes less is more if more isn't working the way it should be. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_XQ4qmaPA
Regardless if its in DAW form or not.The thing just bloody works.Why would anyone not choose Reason over Geist?apart from the price which is only a 100 pound more than the full price i paid for geist?I paid nearly 200 pound for Giest and it nots been running smooth since the day i bought it.So i lost nearly 200 pound anyway?Plus the wasted time trying to convince myself things are just going to get better.Unless Fxpansions turn Geist into something groundbreaking i just cant see how they can bounce back?I havent opened the damn thing for months through frustration.Such a shame to see other people take the ideas and concepts of Geist and hit them with a killer blow.Ableton took the idea of having a record in the background function like Geist but it works flawless unlike on Geist where the playback is unreliable and bat shit crazy when you play back your jam take!And now it seems Reason has ripped the sequencer from Geist and tremor and atom bombed fxpansion.Its so similar i wonder if its the same guys that work on Geist?Its a perfect example of bringing a product to market unfinished such a shame.Geist was so close......

krzone

Re: Has reason players now made Geist 2 redundant?

Postby krzone » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Reason still has a long way to go before it can match Transmod.

Return to “Geist2”