Geist Support - Question About Spitter 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist Support - Question About Spitter 2

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

jesussaddle

Geist Support - Question About Spitter 2

Postby jesussaddle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:28 am

I'm using Reaper at the moment. I am finding that Spitter 2 does not see my 64 bit Geist 2. When I load Geist 2 32 bit, it works. Hmm. I re-loaded everything and this did not fix it. Am I totally wrong to presume the 64 bit Geist 2 should work with Spitter2 (which as far as I can tell only comes in 32 bit form).

jesussaddle

Re: Geist Support - Question About Spitter 2

Postby jesussaddle » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:33 am

jesussaddle wrote:I'm using Reaper at the moment. I am finding that Spitter 2 does not see my 64 bit Geist 2. When I load Geist 2 32 bit, it works. Hmm. I re-loaded everything and this did not fix it. Am I totally wrong to presume the 64 bit Geist 2 should work with Spitter2 (which as far as I can tell only comes in 32 bit form).

UPDATE - At first I thought I found the problem - Reaper can't handle 64 bit and 32 bit plugins with the same name - but there does not appear to be a 64 bit version of Spitter 2 made by Fxpansion, even though I have a Spitter 2 installed in my 64 bit plugins folder. Please let me know if I am wrong. And I can't get a Spitter 2 version to show up in the Sampler in 64 bit Geist 2 (Reaper uses wrappers for 32 bit - I think this affects the overall performance).

Ro88oR

Postby Ro88oR » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:48 pm

You shouldn't need spitter for Reaper,just route the audio straight into Geist & record

jesussaddle

Postby jesussaddle » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:35 pm

I'm using the 32 bit version of Geist 2 in Reaper and the 32 bit version of splitter 2. This allows me to easily see where my recorded audio is coming from within a chain of fx. Reaper is a bit too fancy in this respect - so resorting to splitter is easier for me than blindly taking whatever happens to be in the reaper signal flow - which can seem confusing in this particular case - as I'm trying to record audio generated in a sequencer that cannot be triggered in a normal way - I need to mute everything and "wait" and "pray" for it to happen.

But surely there is no reason why I can't use the 64 bit versions if they are working. Can you confirm if it works for you :?

Return to “Geist2”