Where is the new beta? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Where is the new beta?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Kypresso

Where is the new beta?

Postby Kypresso » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:09 am

You posted this almost 4 months ago.

Lawrence_fx wrote:Hi all, apologies for the radio silence.

We're working on some engine and memory management improvements to Geist2 that we hope will see the light of day soon - this will improve the responsiveness of the GUI in particular, which has seen some slowdown with more recent macOS and Windows updates. The update will also include a range of bug fixes and updates.

Whilst we can't provide a specific release date yet, we want to release it as soon as possible, as we appreciate how long it's been since the last update.

We'll be looking into refreshing our beta testing platform, too - if you'd be interested in testing the next update as part of the private beta team, please feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks again from us all at FXpansion for your patience.

Dont you think we all deserve at least some more news as to how this update is progressing, if infact it is ever going to appear at all?

Lawrence_fx

Re: Where is the new beta?

Postby Lawrence_fx » Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:21 am

Hi Kypresso,

An update build of Geist2 is currently being tested by the private beta team. If you wish to access this update in exchange for providing feedback via our beta reporting channels, please send me a private message and I'll be in touch.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:16 pm

That's great news. Just because NI and Akai have the market it doesn't mean there is no room for another.
If it could (eventually) be flexible enough to be fully automatable by hardware such as Maschine, Push or the MPC X then it's a winner. The foundation is there, it's just the little things.

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:56 pm

Hi all, a new public beta update to Geist2, v2.1.2.9, is now available to download from your account. Please let us know if you encounter any issues with this version.

Vandeb5590

Postby Vandeb5590 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:50 pm

I've tried the new beta and it works fine, great job!

Return to “Geist2”