FULLY SELF CONTAINED GEIST 2 PRESETS? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

FULLY SELF CONTAINED GEIST 2 PRESETS?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

BenjaminLucas

FULLY SELF CONTAINED GEIST 2 PRESETS?

Postby BenjaminLucas » Sat May 02, 2020 1:16 pm

I'd posted something about having issues when audio used in my personal presets were moved to a different directory (Moderator Lawrence_fx was very helpful, thank you Lawrence) Now because of this weird issue with Filevault on my mac, I have to completely wipe my hard drive and fresh install High Sierra. What's the best way to make sure I back up Geist 2 presets so I don't have the file referencing problems? Is it just to manually move the files to the content folder in Geist 2 and re-reference to those files?

I'd like to make Geist 2 completely self-contained so I don't have to worry about this when I get my projects going again after the hard drive apocalypse. No way to automatically pull in all referenced audio files in a preset to the Geist content folder correct?

Thanks

mrsailor

Re: FULLY SELF CONTAINED GEIST 2 PRESETS?

Postby mrsailor » Tue May 05, 2020 3:51 pm

I replace the full path in the preset files (which are XML format) with a relative path -> cut off everything from the start of the path that represents the base folder the presets are in. Quite easy to do in Notepad++ on Windows. Looking at the pre-packaged presets that came with Geist2, they have relative paths, too - sometimes starting with "../" if the samples are stored in a location above the preset folder.

Kickflip

Re: FULLY SELF CONTAINED GEIST 2 PRESETS?

Postby Kickflip » Wed May 06, 2020 12:20 am

Go to the Tools menu and select 'Save samples with presets'. You can then save the preset on your hard drive and it should copy the samples to a folder in the same place.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Return to “Geist2”