drag`n drop midi files from tremor into the daw - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

drag`n drop midi files from tremor into the daw

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

arrangerarranger

drag`n drop midi files from tremor into the daw

Postby arrangerarranger » Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:32 pm

hi there,

after testing the demo of tremor i`m really overwhelmed. the sound is so good!!!
okay, but i missing a feature. it is not possible to drag`n drop midifiles from tremor`s patterns into my daw?

this is an essential feature for me and without this i can`t buy this amazing sounding plugin.

what you mean?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:56 pm

Hello,

Yes, we are aware of the interest in this feature. The ability of tremor to do different loop points per track makes creating a drag and drop pattern rather complicated. t's unlikely this will appear soon, but would have to be released as part of a major upgrade.

Spinflux

Postby Spinflux » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:53 pm

Using Tremor stand-alone is great. Just like with NI's Maschine, multiple patterns can be made and saved. However, it becomes interesting from a creative point of view to further modify your patterns during mixing inside a DAW. This requires a drag and drop functionality, just like Maschine has, and also Sonic Charges's MicroTonic. The latter has not that much modulation functinality as Tremor has, but holy cow, it has great presets and a morph function AND MIDI drag and drop (and MIDI import). If only Tremor ...

... Too bad that we have to wait for this feature (until a major upgrade as Rory_FX explained). I will use Tremor as a plugin only I am afraid, but it is doable and fun to find working flows from this perspective.

Keep up the good work.

Tobypearce

Postby Tobypearce » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:50 pm

Personally I'd sacrifice the polyrhythmic feature to enable drag and drog.

That is: create a setting in tremor to turn off polyrhythmic sequencing, turning off those right hand arrows in the sequencer.

I can't think how it wouldn't then be much easier to enable drag and drog of straight four bar midi.

Incidentally, is there a way to stop tremor from outputting any sound unless there is a direct request for midi from the sequencer (i.e. the default pattern would be empty unless you choose a populated one)?

stdrummer

Song building without dropping in a Daw

Postby stdrummer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:32 pm

Ive worked a way to record different patterns into the daw of cubase.

It wont work using the cursor arrow!

Using a midi keyboard you can select patterns 1-24 (just before triggering the drums sounds) so its in a low octave.

Create a drum instrument track as normal start with the 1st pattern "intro" and press record in your daw.

Select the next pattern for you verse or chorus using the keyboard as its running. It puts in a single dot but its enough to change the pattern to the one you require.

When you want to end the song pick an empty pattern so there is silence.

Remember to reset the tremor to the 1st original pattern the "intro" when exporting audio mix-down or playback as it wont play the start * because the daw syncs with the last pattern that was played on tremor...

The dots are programmed to change the pattern numbers as recorded.

*There's no dot from the start as it syncs to the daw but (you might be able to draw the dot in manually at the start if you can get it in time)

UPDATE If your Daw has a virtual keyboard you can record the program events (the dots) without a midi keyboard.

kevaquarian

Re: drag`n drop midi files from tremor into the daw

Postby kevaquarian » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:35 pm

I would also sacrifice the "different loop length" feature, for drag n drop - in a heartbeat.
Mac Pro 2.93GHz 12-core
24 GB RAM
OS X 10.9.5
Logic 9.1.8/10.2
RME Fireface 400

Return to “Tremor”