Latest Geist2 Public Beta - 2.0.5.10 - Release Notes Included - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Latest Geist2 Public Beta - 2.0.5.10 - Release Notes Included

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_fx

Latest Geist2 Public Beta - 2.0.5.10 - Release Notes Included

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Hi everyone,

There is a new public beta of Geist 2 - 2.0.5.10. Release notes are attached (with a new flashy layout!)
Geist2_2.0.5.10_ReleaseNotes.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

CakeAlexS

Re: Latest Geist2 Public Beta - 2.0.5.10 - Release Notes Included

Postby CakeAlexS » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:58 pm

After spending about 10 mins faffing around managed to extract the zip on my android (I'm working in Spain). Still wish we had a simple PDF.

Anyway ignoring that last comment just wondered what this is, I notice FLAC is still an open enhancement request... many thanks:

0013335 won't fix - Compressed audio formats.

Masarin

Postby Masarin » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Really like the new MIDI learn function for Lane End Points. But...

...having mapped them to my Beatstep Pro they're not really ending up on full pattern length when sending a CC value of 127. They end up on the step just before the full pattern length.

Thanks!

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:12 am

Masarin wrote:Really like the new MIDI learn function for Lane End Points. But...

...having mapped them to my Beatstep Pro they're not really ending up on full pattern length when sending a CC value of 127. They end up on the step just before the full pattern length.

Thanks!

Its a visual glitch on the arrow - you'll notice the track still loops at the right point.
I've already fixed this - will be included in the next update

After spending about 10 mins faffing around managed to extract the zip on my android (I'm working in Spain). Still wish we had a simple PDF.

Anyway ignoring that last comment just wondered what this is, I notice FLAC is still an open enhancement request... many thanks:

0013335 won't fix - Compressed audio formats.

I'll speak to our web team and see if we can get the HTML served from the website...

13335 was closed because we can't support 'compressed formats' generically. The item basically wanted MP3 support, which i can't add support due to a variety of legal issues. There is however an item still open about adding FLAC support, which i can add due to it being a fully open standard. (usual disclaimer about timescales for FR's)

HTH
-Paul

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:11 pm

Gotcha that thanks Paul.
I guess what you could do is hook in points for lame.exe then people could download or buy their own copies.

But I get what you are saying about time, for me mp3 isn't that important (wish mp3's got thrown into the dustbin of history), unlike FLAC which I'm a big fan of. Cheers.

plopseaw

Postby plopseaw » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:45 pm

Hi,

On the latest official release and this public beta I get massive pops and crackles when changing a sample both plugin and standalone. Everything is fine loading a first kit. However after selecting a few alternative samples for say the kick then audio breaks into a massive amount of pops and crackles. Seems to happen even if I have just a simple kick going

I'am using a iMac 27 late 2015 with Mac OSX 10.11.5. My audio card is a Motu Ultra Lite MKIII. I'am using the VST in BItwig but get roughly the same behaviour standalone.Previous version (i.e. first release) actually worked well for me.

Any ideas, anything I'am missing?

TalmiK

Postby TalmiK » Sat Jul 09, 2016 11:23 pm

plopseaw wrote:Hi,

On the latest official release and this public beta I get massive pops and crackles when changing a sample both plugin and standalone. Everything is fine loading a first kit. However after selecting a few alternative samples for say the kick then audio breaks into a massive amount of pops and crackles. Seems to happen even if I have just a simple kick going

I'am using a iMac 27 late 2015 with Mac OSX 10.11.5. My audio card is a Motu Ultra Lite MKIII. I'am using the VST in BItwig but get roughly the same behaviour standalone.Previous version (i.e. first release) actually worked well for me.

I have the same problem since two betas, I had to go back to 2.0.2.5, I can't use Spitter anymore, it bugs me.
It does it in stand alone, in vst, in Reaper, in Samplitude, in Bidule, Ableton, everywhere. And I'm on windows 7 x 64 (focusrite saffire pro). I thought my monitors were about to explode, it's a very annoying problem.
I use a sample browser (Resonic), the pro version is very nice I prefer to use it to browse my sound collection and drop my samples and loops from there in Geist2, in Resonic no pop and clicks, but even then it doesn't solve the issue the samples pop in Gesit2 while playing not just while browsing. Restarting the DAW or Geist2 in stand alone solve the problem for the samples that pop but if you drop a few samples again (or browse) it comes back...

Also since in the beta (I'm not sure for the latest, the pops are still there so I didn't test it long) the undo works only for the last action (it works normally in 2.0.2.5), no way to go back further.
Last edited by TalmiK on Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gheist

Postby gheist » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:42 am

Clicks are produced by the endpoints of the samples I guess.
I experience them too (w7x64, RME Fireface, Bitwig, no internet connection)
When I shorten the samples with the amp env, the clicks are gone. They sound really nasty
and loud.

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:16 pm

MPD32 Problem again.

First time when G2 launched I can use and rec/play exactly one time. But stop button doesn't work and when I stop it in Software, the Mpd Buttons are useless again.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:45 am

TalmiK wrote:

I have the same problem since two betas, I had to go back to 2.0.2.5, I can't use Spitter anymore, it bugs me.
It does it in stand alone, in vst, in Reaper, in Samplitude, in Bidule, Ableton, everywhere. And I'm on windows 7 x 64 (focusrite saffire pro). I thought my monitors were about to explode, it's a very annoying problem.
I use a sample browser (Resonic), the pro version is very nice I prefer to use it to browse my sound collection and drop my samples and loops from there in Geist2, in Resonic no pop and clicks, but even then it doesn't solve the issue the samples pop in Gesit2 while playing not just while browsing. Restarting the DAW or Geist2 in stand alone solve the problem for the samples that pop but if you drop a few samples again (or browse) it comes back...

Could you post an example wave file that shows this happening for me? (Just to check - Have you tried in 2.0.5? I did a lot of work on the sample playback engine in this build, so the end points are more accurately computed - BUT its possible i missed something. One other thing, what samplerate are the audio files at? Same as host samplerate or different?)

Also since in the beta (I'm not sure for the latest, the pops are still there so I didn't test it long) the undo works only for the last action (it works normally in 2.0.2.5), no way to go back further.

Can you check in the preferences how many undo stages you have selected. I just checked it here and if i set it to 20 i get 20 undo stages... again, its possible i missed something in there, so worth checking...

First time when G2 launched I can use and rec/play exactly one time. But stop button doesn't work and when I stop it in Software, the Mpd Buttons are useless again.

Have you experimented with different mapping modes?

-Paul

TalmiK

Postby TalmiK » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:09 pm

Paul_fx wrote:
TalmiK wrote:

Could you post an example wave file that shows this happening for me? (Just to check - Have you tried in 2.0.5? I did a lot of work on the sample playback engine in this build, so the end points are more accurately computed - BUT its possible i missed something. One other thing, what samplerate are the audio files at? Same as host samplerate or different?)

Can you check in the preferences how many undo stages you have selected. I just checked it here and if i set it to 20 i get 20 undo stages... again, its possible i missed something in there, so worth checking...

Have you experimented with different mapping modes?

-Paul

Yeah I did I removed 2.0.5 (and just reinstalled it to record an example) because it does this too. I always work in 44100, my samples are at this sample rate I can browse, them in Geist 1, Resonic, the browsers in my daw, it only does that in Geist2, and in the latest beta.
It does it with every samples folders (including the factory ones, on some samples clicks on others not), it changes samples it does it on when I restart Geist2, it's not a behavior related to a specific sample. In the example I just recorded, it's Goldbaby Urban Cookbook V3, those are quality samples I never had problems before.

It happens as soon as I reach the second samples in the video, and others after too. Sorry it's a borring video. Just sample browsing.

https://youtu.be/rAaiCLpEcOs

EDIT : in 2.0.51 it only seems to happen in the browsing part, not once the samples are on the pads...I can go back to using it paired with resonic for the browsing. But the browser in G2 on my end cannot be used right now.

Return to “Geist2”