Path issue 2 machines w different library paths - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Path issue 2 machines w different library paths

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

jansandahl

Path issue 2 machines w different library paths

Postby jansandahl » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi,

Possible path issue, when trying to move a Reaper project with Geist in it between two machines with different library path setup. No external samples are used, just from the library (samples and loops) with some tweaks and effects.

How do I solve this? I will be switching between two machines and would like to not look for every file manually every time I switch. :)

See the attached image. It confuses me as well. Many duplicate file names it seems. What is that for?

I didn't save the new stuff separately as kits or anything, but relied on the DAW state to keep track of this for me.

Thanks!
Attachments
geist-path-issue.png
geist-path-issue.png (11.65 KiB) Viewed 4869 times
Music...

Rory_FX

Re: Path issue 2 machines w different library paths

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:15 am

There's really no solution to this. The problem is that Geist doesn't know where to look for the samples when the library moves.

It's not too cumbersome though. All you need to do is click the Auto button and point the browser towards your library folder, Geist will automatically find all the missing samples then. No need to do them one at a time.

The reason files look duplicated is because there's an entry for each slice of a recycle file that you've used. It would probably be better to only list it once in this dialog, but each pad needs to know where that recycle file is. It's quite normal.

jansandahl

Re: Path issue 2 machines w different library paths

Postby jansandahl » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:06 pm

Thank you, Rory_FX. Yes, I've become a little less confused since then. I got it now.
Music...

Return to “Geist”