Forum

FXpansion Forum

Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

General FX news, discussion, and a place to speak your mind

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

Steve_FX

Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12) (Resolved)

Postby Steve_FX » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:22 pm

Since the release of macOS Sierra (10.12) some users have experienced problems running our installers. We've reproduced the issue and are working on a fix. This may take a little time, however there is a workround which should allow the installers to run correctly:

Make a folder on your desktop called fxdownloads
Copy the installer zips/dmgs/installer folders into the fxdownloads folder

Run Terminal (inside Applications/Utilities) and type the following (be careful to type this exactly and hit return after each line):

cd Desktop
xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads

You should then be able to double-click the zips/dmgs within the fxdownloads folder as normal to expand and run the installers.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue to have any problems please contact us at https://www.fxpansion.com/support

Steve.

Drew Edit: Heya - all our installers should be Sierra compatible now. If you find a product that doesn't work, please post here and I can take a look. The Rock Tambourine was fixed on Tuesday, so try downloading it again if you downloaded it beforehand.
Steve @ FXpansion

waxman

Re: Install issues on macOS Sierra (10.12)

Postby waxman » Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:31 am

Are there any issues if I already have all the FXPansion BFD3 and packs installed and don't do a clean install?

cgmclennan

Postby cgmclennan » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:26 am

Any word on a fix for this?

Tried the above terminal fix - and can't for the life of me get it to work - any idea when a working installer for Mac will be available?

safer

Postby safer » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Thanks, this worked perfectly for me!

waxman

Postby waxman » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 pm

Is there any reason I can't update to Sierra. I have BFD3 and a dozen expansion packs. I would not do a clean install. I am on Yosemite last update now. My system is stable. I skipped El Capitan and would like to install Sierra. thanks

sharkytowers

Postby sharkytowers » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:35 am

I'm having a (related?) problem with the Installers. When I go to execute the installers (after the disk image has been decompressed) I get an error that it is looking for "Installscript.fis". I got this on the main BFD3 installer as well as the Core Library d/l. However after just trying the installer 2 or 3 times it finally "took" and everything installed.

However, this method seems not to work on the BFD Deluxe installer. I tried the above method but no luck. Any ideas?

Also, any one having the issue I was above, just keep trying? Also, right-click and "Open" the installer. That seemed to also help.

I'd really like to get this Deluxe pack installed however...

EDIT: Figured out a workaround... right click on the installer and select "Show Package Contents". The double click and run the Installer within the package. You may have to enter your password then a terminal window will pop up and it should launch the installer. Worked for me. Hope that helps someone.

Naotaku

Postby Naotaku » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:27 pm

This worked, thanks!

Edward.Isherwood

Postby Edward.Isherwood » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:58 pm

Is there any update on when instalers that will work with Sierra will be available?

The Terminal approach doesn't work for me.

Thanks,
Ed

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:15 pm

Edward.Isherwood wrote:Is there any update on when instalers that will work with Sierra will be available?

The Terminal approach doesn't work for me.

Thanks,
Ed

Hi Ed, if you get in touch with technical support, they will be able to assist you with installation on MacOS Sierra.

stefan.wruck@gmail.com

Postby stefan.wruck@gmail.com » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

#### SOLVED ####

Hello,

how to proceed with BFD Imperial Drums. Here we got split-parts of the Installer - which means we got 3 parts of dmg file. :( When I try to extract the installer folder i got the message: could not copy because at least one file is missing

Please help!

Stefan

P.S. I just solved it the same way as described. I copied all dmg-parts into the created folder on my Desktop. It works.

Stefan

Steve_FX wrote:Since the release of macOS Sierra (10.12) some users have experienced problems running our installers. We've reproduced the issue and are working on a fix. This may take a little time, however there is a workround which should allow the installers to run correctly:

Make a folder on your desktop called fxdownloads
Copy the installer zips/dmgs/installer folders into the fxdownloads folder

Run Terminal (inside Applications/Utilities) and type the following (be careful to type this exactly and hit return after each line):

cd Desktop
xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads

You should then be able to double-click the zips/dmgs within the fxdownloads folder as normal to expand and run the installers.

Sorry for the inconvenience. If you continue to have any problems please contact us at https://www.fxpansion.com/support

Steve.

waxman

Postby waxman » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:28 pm

Installed Sierra 10.12 and everything is working great. Lawrence has given me very helpful tech support. Since all my expansion packs and BFD3 was installed there were no installer issues. However I am going to buy Oblivion during the sale so I'll see how that goes. Seems the work around is fine...

waxman

Postby waxman » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:26 pm

Installed Metal and Oblivion using Terminal work around. All Worked!

Safari was getting stuck on module 1 and 3 of Metal Snares. Switched to Chrome and it worked perfect.

marcthefart

Postby marcthefart » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:03 pm

EDIT: Figured out a workaround... right click on the installer and select "Show Package Contents". The double click and run the Installer within the package. You may have to enter your password then a terminal window will pop up and it should launch the installer. Worked for me. Hope that helps someone.

Worked Fine
THX
Marc

jjneumann

Postby jjneumann » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:32 pm

Thanks so much Markthefart, that worked for me!

Schwarzer

Postby Schwarzer » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:32 pm

Thanks for that workaround. Worked for me!

Return to “General Discussion”