What's going on? - Page 5 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

What's going on?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

Kickflip

Re: What's going on?

Postby Kickflip » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:10 am

noelfelixtamayo wrote:I wish Geist2 gui was more like Geist1 gui with the rounded knobs and stuff. Geist2 feels like looking at a piece of notebook paper. I'm waiting for someone to be so kind a do a dark theme for it.

This any good to you?

Screen Shot 38.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:34 am

And regarding Geist 2, and the product range in general, I really feel like there needs to be a big push to sort out user feature requests. I've seen Angus mention on KVR that he doesn't really like to add new features during a product's life cycle, and I strongly believe this is the wrong approach and urge you guys to reassess this.

There's stuff that was requested years ago that's barely been acknowledged. Sure, some features are more complex to implement than others, but there's plenty of little things that could be tweaked that'd take so little effort but just don't get tended to. For example, this tiny tweak to Etch has been ignored for over 4 years, what's the reason behind that?

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=7578032

Leaving FRs and bugs for such long times is massively frustrating customers, and that's why they're venting here. Potential customers visiting the forum will be put off by what they see. Existing customers are getting less and less likely to recommend the products to their friends. Overall I'm really worried that this is affecting FXPansion's reputation.

Logic was going through a similar thing for a number of years, versions 7-9 had sporadic updates, barely any new requested features, long-standing bugs, and as a result, loads of users jumped ship. People left Logic behind and Studio One, Cubase and FL Studio all got plenty of new users in this time. Version 10 came out, and it's amazing. Every update they put out is amazing. It can take an hour just to read the change list on a standard update! And the key thing... customers were happy. After a couple of solid updates they knew that Apple had changed their approach and their faith was restored.

I feel like if there was a big drive to tidy things up on each product and trim the request lists down a bit, it would bring a huge boost to customer confidence and bring in extra sales from the word spreading of all these tight new updates.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

Circuit Bent Madness

noelfelixtamayo

Postby noelfelixtamayo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:06 pm

Kickflip wrote:
noelfelixtamayo wrote:I wish Geist2 gui was more like Geist1 gui with the rounded knobs and stuff. Geist2 feels like looking at a piece of notebook paper. I'm waiting for someone to be so kind a do a dark theme for it.

This any good to you?

Screen Shot 38.jpg

That would be awesome but unfortunately I don't have that option in the ui style drop down menu. Could you share it?

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:03 pm

noelfelixtamayo wrote:
Kickflip wrote:

This any good to you?

Screen Shot 38.jpg

That would be awesome but unfortunately I don't have that option in the ui style drop down menu. Could you share it?

That's bizarre, it was installed with Geist! Can you screen grab what you're seeing?

Music

Circuit Bent Madness

noelfelixtamayo

Postby noelfelixtamayo » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:51 pm

Screenshot (1).png

I installed the geist2 installer again from my account and it's still the same.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kickthebox

Postby kickthebox » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:18 pm

For every 1 going crazy about Geist 2 relax. Give it time. When have these guys let us down before. Its a bit of a hiccup but it'll get there. I'm not a big fan of the way its running but I'm sure it will be fixed in time.

Give it time!!! Are you trolling???

The last release was in July - that was 8 months ago FFS.

A bought this thing with high hopes when it was first released in the spring and its still not dependable upon it to be able to use it in any kind of realistic scenario. It's frankly embarrassing when you're working with others or especially paying clients.

I would say this is MUCH more than just a 'bit of a hiccup'. Much more like FX rushed this out prior to the Roli sale and now have given up on it as a lost cause, and let a lot of paying customers down in the process. This won't be forgotten in a hurry.
Windows 7 64 - i7 4790k - 16GB ram - SSD.
Windows 10 64 - HP X360 - i6200 - 8GB - SSD
Studio One, Samplitude, Reaper, Bitwig.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:46 pm

While we could do with fixes and fulfilled feature requests, it's certainly not been abandoned.

Music

Circuit Bent Madness

Anatolyj_B

Postby Anatolyj_B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:13 am

Hi folks, what most important bugs\issues now in G2 ? (just i in doubts upgrade now or too early yet lol ) No, really some new features in reviews impressed me, but still unsure about optimization\bug free.

sharke

Postby sharke » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:04 am

I used to recommend Geist to anyone asking about drum VST's and samplers on forums. I really believe I sent a lot of customers to fxpansion over the years. I haven't done that for a long time because of my disappointment with Geist 2, especially with regard to the over 6 months since the last update. I have crappy $0.99 apps on my iPhone that get updated 10x more often than that. fxpansion's reluctance to fix or improve this thing must be costing them a ton of sales.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:50 pm

If they fix it (and maintain it), they win!
BFD + Geist = Potentially Two Very Strong Products
BFD + A Geist/Tremor Hybrib = BIG WIN

https://youtu.be/uFXH2Pa48lg

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:09 pm

Kickflip wrote:While we could do with fixes and fulfilled feature requests, it's certainly not been abandoned.

"Could do"? I think the word is "need".
Geist 2 had a rocky start (felt more like a beta). Nevertheless I and others persisted in trying to help FX fix and improve their product by logging bugs and pointing out the shortfalls.

Last update was 8 months ago, this is hardly a visible way of showing the product is supported in any way. You are right not abandoned it's still for sale in this state.

Like Sharke I've been a Geist cheerleader over in the Maschine forums and probably got them a ton of sales too. Not happy.

Anatolyj_B

Postby Anatolyj_B » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Sorry, i should repeat my question: What stable reproducted bugs (on Windows) exist today in Geist 2 latest version?

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm

I know crossfade looping is really buggy. Stay away if you need to reply on that.
I've also come across some weird behaviour with the waveform view which would get annoying very quickly.
Today I tried to copy and paste an engine. I had to save, close and reopen Geist2 for the second engine to play all of the pads.

In a non-pro setting it's doable but if I were pro (which I'm not at aaaall) I would not trust it.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm

Anatolyj_B wrote:Sorry, i should repeat my question...

I know crossfade looping is really buggy. Stay away if you need to rely on that.
I've also come across some weird behaviour with the waveform view which would get annoying very quickly.
Today I tried to copy and paste an engine. I had to save, close and reopen Geist2 for the second engine to play all of the pads.
Other issues include drag and drop not functioning properly (have to hover above the intended pad sometimes), insecurity about whether the sound is being compromised somehow, etc.

In a non-pro setting it's doable but if I were pro (which I'm not at aaaall) I would not trust it until it's given some regular TLC.
Last edited by FluxMachina on Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FluxMachina

Postby FluxMachina » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:13 pm

double post

Return to “Geist2”