Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Nalearka

Re: Feature Requests

Postby Nalearka » Sat May 11, 2019 10:01 am

BFD3 is a real authentic sounding drum plugin and works fine in PT. But one thing is not to my taste, and maybe I just missed how to do what I wish:
I'd love to have the several groups of sounds coming from BFD3 with differing sound FX. As a start setup, I think of 4 groups:
Kick
Snare
Hihat and cymbals
Toms and percussion.
I came to have 4 MIDI tracks for those 4 groups, routed to the instrument BFD3.
From BFD3 I have 4 sends to stereo audio tracks, for each group on audio.
Then I can insert my FX plugins to each audio track as I wish.
The only FX I would insert to the BFD3 would be a compressor to have e.g. the Kickdrum-, and the snare audio with more punch.
Then I record the audios separately.
That makes 4 recordings with the described setup.
Is there any way to rationalize this method? Is there something in BFD3 that would do the separate routing for me?
(I run ProTools 2018.3 on a PC with Windows 10, 16 GB RAM, system drive is a SSD 500 GB large.)
Please date me up, I am in a way still "practising", having worked previously with Cakewalk Sonar for many years, and changed to PT after the Gibson affair which had a recent good ending (but that's another story, not here).
Thankx.

justin67

Postby justin67 » Wed May 29, 2019 8:38 am

Apologies if this has already been covered. Really loving BFD3 but there's 2 things that I'd love to see.
1. I have pretty much all the expansion packs and finding the exact groove I want is a time consuming buzz kill. I'd love to have some kind of printable PDF drum map that I can browse through and pick out what I want visually in my spare time when I'm away from my music computer.
2. I don't really understand the limited real estate thing; it seems a bit arbitrary to me. At full size the GUI takes up about 50% of my screen. I'd love to see a full screen version.

Thanks,

Justin Fisher

dgrm44

Postby dgrm44 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:48 am

Delivery/Installation system similar to Native Instruments/Waves/Toontrack/Arturia/etc. Currently my biggest issue is with how the expansions are such a pain to install. Also need updated presets for all the expansions to work with BFD. UI of BFD should return to something like BFD2/Superior Drummer 3. I was never a fan of the direction of the UI for BFD3. The sound and power of BFD is undeniable, but the interface needs to be updated. Its cartoonish in a way now.

mickgormaley

Postby mickgormaley » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:46 pm

I hear you. The whole "blueprint" view was nonsense. I've always said one of the coolest things about drums are the drums themselves. Drum kits just look cool. Why loose that in the transition to digital. I've heard it was to save resources, come on, it's a static picture. You should be able to build your own kit and place the pieces where you'd like. Make it look like your drum layout if you'd like. Maybe have templates of pre-assembled kits. Perhaps you start with a "blueprint" and when you are done, turn it into your dream kit. Now that Roli has sold off BFD to InMusic, the team will have a chance to take BFD to the next level.

MilkIt

Postby MilkIt » Fri May 01, 2020 7:08 am

Overwrite saved preset without having to locate file in preset subfolder.

Not sure if I've explained that very well...

johannkast@gmx.de

Feature Requests - BFD 3 linux plugin

Postby johannkast@gmx.de » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:05 pm

hello, everyone

BFD 3 as a linux plugin

that would be great !!!!!!

im using the reaper daw natively in linux.
but can not use BFD 3 as a plugin with it (only in windows :( ).

Damagical

Postby Damagical » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:28 pm

I'd like to be able to play something on my acoustic.. and have bid 'follow' the live recording and play the drums tight with it, and follow the dynamics. Am I asking too much? Too much music is sounding too perfect tempo wise and that just sucks the life outta it.

DeadRiff

Postby DeadRiff » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:05 pm

purtington wrote:Just been looking again at Platinum Samples "Accent" and it looks like an amalgamation of the best of BFD3 and Superior Drummer but one thing I just discovered that no other drum vst has is the ability to load 3rd party vst effects.
I think this is a fantastic feature that pretty much negates (for me at least) the need to route separate channels into your sequencer.

So yeah, big (MASSIVE BIG) request for BFD3 to be able to load 3rd party plug ins.

Steve

This would be extremely helpful, I second this

Also, it’d be great if maybe there was an audition button that makes the program play the kit piece every few seconds while your using the built in mixer effects
Last edited by DeadRiff on Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nb

Postby nb » Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:07 pm

I wish there was a way to save maps with kits (NOT maps with presets.)

Return to “BFD3”