New user - How to import SMF into BFD2??? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

New user - How to import SMF into BFD2???

Share your tips and tricks for using FXpansion products

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, john emrich, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Jasch1

New user - How to import SMF into BFD2???

Postby Jasch1 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:45 am

Hi everyone.
Need some help & advice as I'm a tech dunce!
I used to compose midi drum tracks on a Yamaha QY700 as backing tracks. I can save the tracks as SMF.
If I import these drum tracks into BFD2, they play the wrong kit pieces, yet if I send the midi notes from the QY700 through a Digi002 into BFD2, they are perfect.
What am I doing wrong with my key mapping etc.
Again, if I trigger sounds from the QY700 (via 002) it sounds correct, but if I load the exported midi file, they are wrong.
Ideally, I would like to export all my tracks from the QY700 onto a disc & import them into BFD2 rather that reprogram everything I've ever programmed in the last 10 years.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rory_FX

Re: New user - How to import SMF into BFD2???

Postby Rory_FX » Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:39 pm

Jasch1 wrote:... if I trigger sounds from the QY700 (via 002) it sounds correct, but if I load the exported midi file, they are wrong...

In BFD2, go to the Keymapping page and check what your current MIDI map is (look just above the midi log window in the bottom right). Then go to the Grooves Preferences page and make sure that your Import MIDI key map is set to the SAME midi map. Then try importing again.

Jasch1

G'day & thanks!

Postby Jasch1 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:20 am

G'day Rory_FX
Thanks very much for your reply. You're a deadset champion! Your solution has fixed my problem & I really appreciate it your help.
Cheers
Jason

Return to “Tips and Techniques”