Update Etch to use Maul's midi control implementation for Live workaround? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Update Etch to use Maul's midi control implementation for Live workaround?

Support forum for Etch VST/AU/RTAS

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

ttilberg

Update Etch to use Maul's midi control implementation for Live workaround?

Postby ttilberg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Hello,

In the Maul subforum, Drew posted a note about a workaround developed to accomodate the Live 8's lamesauce midi problem:

Ableton Live rechannelizes all of its midi to channel 1. Furthermore, it does not expose multiple midi channels for plugins - you get midi channel 1 and that is it.

To the end, we've implemented a midi panel in Maul, which allows you to setup each instance of Maul with a specific midi channel layout. In Ableton Live you should set the function you want to respond to midi to channel 1, and set any function (like the LFO's) to midi channel 2-16, if you DON'T want to use them.

Is there any possibility for an update to Etch using a similar implementation? I want so bad for Channel 3 to be active! Hopefully this will be addressed in future versions of Live, so we can use your tools to full effect!

Thanks for all of your awesome work!

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Yup! It's on the list. Can't say when though I'm afraid.

ttilberg

Postby ttilberg » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:15 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Yup! It's on the list. Can't say when though I'm afraid.

I'm just glad to hear it's on the roadmap! Cool! Thanks!
:beer:

varikusbrainz

Postby varikusbrainz » Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:56 am

Man, Its been driving me nuts as to why whichever channel I use everything was getting modulated by midi in Live.
Thought I was going nuts :D

All I want is to use my Sonnus audio to midi converter to map keyboard tracking to various parameters when processing my Bass guitar.

Etch sounds soooooooooooo good :D

A fix this year??

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:55 am

creepjoint wrote:Man, Its been driving me nuts as to why whichever channel I use everything was getting modulated by midi in Live.
Thought I was going nuts :D

All I want is to use my Sonnus audio to midi converter to map keyboard tracking to various parameters when processing my Bass guitar.

Etch sounds soooooooooooo good :D

A fix this year??

We are going to make it work like maul (with an option for channels for each modulation source). Cant give an exact date, but before the end of the year is current ETA.

HTH
-Paul

adamjmurray

Postby adamjmurray » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:40 am

Any updates? I can't wait for this feature! :o

I've been waiting to utilize Etch's channel 3 "play the filter" feature, but I can't find any way to make it work in Ableton, even hacking with Max for Live and such. I guess it may be possible to route to an external audio program but it seems way too convoluted (not sure how to set that up anyway, has anyone managed to make something like this work?).

I've requested better multi-channel MIDI support in Live, but who knows if/when that will ever arrive. It's currently still not supported in the latest Live 9 beta.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 am

adamjmurray wrote:Any updates? I can't wait for this feature! :o

I've been waiting to utilize Etch's channel 3 "play the filter" feature, but I can't find any way to make it work in Ableton, even hacking with Max for Live and such. I guess it may be possible to route to an external audio program but it seems way too convoluted (not sure how to set that up anyway, has anyone managed to make something like this work?).

I've requested better multi-channel MIDI support in Live, but who knows if/when that will ever arrive. It's currently still not supported in the latest Live 9 beta.

Sorry, what with xmas and my work on <REDACTED> etc it all got a bit delayed... Its on my list to get finished as soon as i get a chance...

Sorry for the delay, but thats often the way it goes in the software world. It will happen, you have my word :)

-Paul

PS - And yeah, live needs to sort out its midi implementation, its weak at best.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:49 am

Check out the new public beta drew just posted. Has the maul midi panel embedded :D

Return to “Etch”