No BFD 3 Library - Grooves - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

No BFD 3 Library - Grooves

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:31 pm

tjwoods wrote:I have the Core Library in Downloads, but it says I can't open it because it's damaged. No idea why. Have a look.

I need to see inside that blue folder!

etto

Postby etto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi tjwoods, it seems you downloaded the core library but never installed it. Did you double clicked the brown package called BFD3 core library OSX?
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks
MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard
PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

tjwoods

Postby tjwoods » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:40 pm

I found the core library installer. I should run it now?

etto

Postby etto » Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:42 pm

Yes. The ticket downloads it but you need to launch the installer manually. Close protools, BFD3 and other programs before to do that.
IMac 27" 2.8GHz 16GB ram Mavericks

MacBookPro 15" 2.2GHz Duo 3GB ram Snow leopard

PowerMac G5 Dual 2.3GHz 2.5GB ram Leopard

http://soundcloud.com/edc-4

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC4289A53FE3A4807

tjwoods

Postby tjwoods » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:04 pm

35% downloaded! I'll let you know..........

tjwoods

Postby tjwoods » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:58 pm

That did the trick!! Thanks Drew. Much much appreciated.

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:40 pm

the migration from my BFD2 Grooves was also not that good ! even if its added in the BFD3 path !

the only way for me to show was to copy them over to the BFD 3 User Path and hit the Rescan User Content Path Button !

but then it shows as Unknown in the Browser (if you have a lot of Grooves then its hard to find what you are looking for) !

the only way that it shows correctly in the Browser as Grooves Library Name are:

example on Rails Bobby Jarzombek Grooves for BFD2 are if i add info_librarylong="Bobby Jarzombek" ! but editing the Groove Pallettes is a long work if you have alot !

hopefully it gets sorted in an update

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:04 pm

BGD_John wrote:the migration from my BFD2 Grooves was also not that good ! even if its added in the BFD3 path !

the only way for me to show was to copy them over to the BFD 3 User Path and hit the Rescan User Content Path Button !

but then it shows as Unknown in the Browser (if you have a lot of Grooves then its hard to find what you are looking for) !

the only way that it shows correctly in the Browser as Grooves Library Name are:

example on Rails Bobby Jarzombek Grooves for BFD2 are if i add info_librarylong="Bobby Jarzombek" ! but editing the Groove Pallettes is a long work if you have alot !

hopefully it gets sorted in an update

FXpansion are aware of this and it'll be fixed in the next update.

Cheers,

Rail

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:18 pm

thanks Rail for the fast response about the Grooves :wink:

there was also an problem here with the Kabuki and Noh Percussion , only resaving as BFD 3 Kits and Presets and editing similar as above said was the only solution for me !

i think the problem are that in the audio folder from Kabuki the library names in the XML Files are missing !

hope it gets sorted also

anabkemeir

Postby anabkemeir » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:42 am

I have amassed quite a number of grooves and wanting to get the grooves displayed in folders, I have found a relatively easy way of getting the grooves to be in folders rather than just all under unknown library category. Using the browser/filters work, I just like them arranged in folders. As BGD_John wrote if info_librarylong="Bobby Jarzombek" was added to the file then they would display in a proper folder. Rather than having to edit each file, I used textcrawler, freeware, to search and replace all instances in all the files of a particular folder. In BGD_John's example, using textcrawler search in only *.bfd2pal files of a single folder, search for
info_library="Bobby Jarzombek"
and replace with
info_library="Bobby Jarzombek" info_librarylong="Bobby Jarzombek"

so in each instance in each file the additional needed info would be added after the info_library etc..............
You just have to first open the file in notepad to see what the current library info is.

I did this on 1000 files in different library folders, and so far it works. Took just a few minutes. Then rescan all content paths, and files show in folders. If you do try this, MAKE A COPY OF YOUR ORIGINAL FILES FIRST, TO GO BACK TO ONCE FXP HAS IT SORTED OUT!

give it a try........

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 am

yes , after i had posted it , i could batch it to speed up these things !

but anyway , i was hoping that FXpansion releases an update shortly (not only for this bug) , but there are no update in sight !

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:08 am

BGD_John wrote:yes , after i had posted it , i could batch it to speed up these things !

but anyway , i was hoping that FXpansion releases an update shortly (not only for this bug) , but there are no update in sight !

Yes, this is fixed in the next build… Not sure when it'll be released though.. it's still going through testing.

Rail

Return to “BFD3”