Why? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Why?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

dmuckala

Why?

Postby dmuckala » Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:15 pm

Why do I feel like i"m beta testing Geist2? From GUI glitches to midi mapping buttons not working, random crashes all over the place, and a bug list thats an entire page long (in the release notes of the latest update)...come on guys please get these products more finished on release than they are. We are paying for this stuff.
I just downloaded the latest 2.0.25 update to hopefully fix the mapping and GUI bugs, and now the space bar is getting hijacked in Logic, busting open my whole workflow that i've had for years with Geist.
geez

shawker

Re: Why?

Postby shawker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:45 am

Because you are.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:11 am

IMHO Fair enough. I suggest going back to Geist 1 and come back in a couple of months if you find it disruptive.

dmuckala

Postby dmuckala » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:23 am

I hear you. I should know better than to try to use a .0 version of a major release. However, there seems to be a lot under the hood that has remained unchanged. I find it hard to believe that at least half of these bugs couldnt have been squashed before release. Some of them are real showstoppers. Also, we're 2 updates in and the transport bug is new.
I do love the layout and wofkflow of Geist, which is why I want to support FXP in what they're trying to do. But guys (and girls), we did pay for this stuff. version 1.0 of Falcon for instance, wasn't NEARLY this jacked up, and they are a small company just like FXP

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:16 am

Sorry folks. This is a support forum, not a soapbox. We've just released two updates in just under 10 days. If you want to be constructive, post some bugs. Thread locked.

Return to “Geist2”