Something crazy re: audio routing. Mojave problem? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Something crazy re: audio routing. Mojave problem?

User and tech support forum for Geist 2.

Moderator: Moderators

johnnyvn

Something crazy re: audio routing. Mojave problem?

Postby johnnyvn » Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:59 am

OK, here's something I've never seen before since the introduction of the Mac way way back in like 1985.

I can take any program and play it through the onboard MacBook Pro speakers. Makes sense, right?

And when I plug headphones into the headphone jack on that MacBook Pro, those same programs play through the headphones instead of the speakers. Still making sense, right?

BUT...

No matter what I do in Geist2, I can't get it to play through the headphones. Even if headphones are plugged into the headphone jack, and even if I open up the Mac System Prefs and choose Sound>Output>Headphones (which will be the default if they are plugged in), Geist2 will continue to play through the MacBook Pro speakers.

WTF?

Maybe this is a bug when said MacBook Pro is running Mac OS Mojave?

Any suggestions?

yecobas859

Re: Something crazy re: audio routing. Mojave problem?

Postby yecobas859 » Wed May 13, 2020 2:52 pm

johnnyvn wrote:OK, here's something I've never seen before since the introduction of the Mac way way back in like 1985.

I can take any program and play it through the onboard MacBook Pro speakers. Makes sense, right?

And when I plug headphones into the headphone jack on that MacBook Pro, those same programs play through the headphones instead of the speakers. Still making sense, right?

BUT...

No matter what I do in Geist2, I can't get it to play through the headphones. Even if headphones are plugged into the headphone jack, and even if I open up the Mac System Prefs and choose Sound>Output>Headphones (which will be the default if they are plugged in), Geist2 will continue to play through the MacBook Pro speakers.

WTF?

Maybe this is a bug when said MacBook Pro is running Mac OS Mojave?

Any suggestions?

Hi for me it is working perfectly fine, do try updating to the latest version of macOS Cataline 10.15.1. As for me with this version, I am not facing any issue.

Regards,
Brian B Campbell
Thanks, admin and moderators for building such an active and spam-free forum for our needs.

Return to “Geist2”